Fitbit Aria or Withings Body Scale?

Options
TTHdred
TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
Looking to upgrade the scale and have been doing some research. I have narrowed it down to either the Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale or the Withings WiFi Body Scale. Does anyone have either of these and do you have any feedback, tips, likes, dislikes etc?

Some specific questions; do any of these link directly to MFP or do they all require you to go through their app first? Does the Fitbit app have a gps tracker?

Thanks for the feedback.
T

Replies

• TTHdred
    Options
    bump
  • bigmike1974
    bigmike1974 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Did you settle on one of them?
  • TTHdred
    Options
    Yes, went with Fitbit Aria. It is great! It does sync with mfp and does not require as many additional downloads as the Withings. Relied on Amazon reviews instead. It seems mfp forums are now for insulting people or seeing whose hot or not rather than focusing on nutrition and fitness. A shame. I used to enjoy the occasional conversation or health debate.
  • bigmike1974
    Options
    Thanks for the update. In terms of the display of results does the Aria offer a moving average on the chart?

I know what you mean about mfp forums but it isn't confined to mfp, it seems to be happening across many different forums. I guess it is the Facebook effect, i.e. large numbers of less tech savvy folk who haven't necessarily learnt netiquette finding their feet and they are still in the "anonymous internet warrior" frame of mind but it seems that people are less willing to call them out on it anymore which is a shame.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I wished I'd seen this thread earlier. I've got the Withings scale, I've had it about a year or so, and was going through the same choice when I bought it.

I've been really happy with it, and found it no trouble to integrate to MFP and a few other apps I use. Really nice that I just weigh myself and automatically everything is updated here. The Withings app produces some really nice graphs too.
  • bigmike1974
    Options
    Thanks Dan, much appreciated.

For those who find this thread using the search function I found this web based utility, "TrendWeight", just now that will pull data from both the Aria and the Withings. It offers the moving average function (as per the "Hackers diet", http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/ ) I was looking for on total weight (and appears to also offer it on % fat and Lean body mass as well) so I guess the choice is rapidly moving towards cost / reliability being the major factor.

https://trendweight.com/