Graze boxes

Options
maoribadger
maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
Anyone find these useful for weight loss? Have just started ordering them again after trying them out a couple of years ago and the light options seem great as snacks or even light meals when Im working nights and not too hungry

Replies

• Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I use them as my treats :) Better than grabbing for snacks... however they are adding more and more worse things like brownies and cakes
  • Freaky3kirsty
    Freaky3kirsty Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I get them every now and then, unless I get them delivered to my house and not the office I find it difficult to eat just one box.... just too tasty!
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just got one about 10 minutes ago! I think they're great but not everything is as low calorie as I would like so I still pay very close attention to just how much of a punnet I can eat (before joining MFP I would have just dived in an ate the lot!)

A nice treat though, for sure.
  • FoldsFive
    FoldsFive Posts: 18
    Options
    I got them for absolutely ages - the light option - but my willpower is such that I couldn't just have one of the 4 treats a day, so in the end I had to knock them on the head.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i get a box every fortnight.

to me they are just nice to have different snack options. but as others have said, you have to be careful of the cals as the ones with nuts & seeds in generally top 200cals each.
  • sarcosis1
    sarcosis1 Posts: 42
    Options
    I get a box every 2 weeks, all I can afford. I like the idea of them and there's lots of variety. I have the nibble box but tend to eat it all in one day so I tend to treat them as a meal. Very delicious, but I wouldn't say they help with weight loss but that's because I have no self control and eat it all at once, but I'd say they help with nutrition, trying new things and bringing more variety into your diet.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I had them for a while but found the options I really wanted never seemed to come. I also found it really difficult to stop the order from coming! I prefer to buy pakcs of dried fruit, nuts etc. and weigh out a portion into tupperware for work snacks. Or you can use a snack bag - there's some from bacofoil specially for snacks.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    I like them, but when I've had them eat them for lunch rather than as a snack. The breakfast ones are nice too, but I usually make my own with porridge oats, dried fruit, seeds and nuts.
  • jw203
    jw203 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love them.

Rather than go for the low calorie options, I tend to ask for things like the seeds and nuts so that I get more energy for my money. They will actually keep me going or give me a boost for my workout unlike the low cal ones. It's also good that they're portioned because if I just buy a pack of nuts/seed then I'll easily eat them all in one go.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I'm getting one light and one nibble box a week and having 1 punnet a day. Ive been using the light ones as snacks and the higher cal ones as a light meal.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm getting one light and one nibble box a week and having 1 punnet a day. Ive been using the light ones as snacks and the higher cal ones as a light meal.

i wouldnt have thought any of them had high enough protein to be classed as a meal?