Help Steer Me In The Right Direction!

Options
I have been reducing my calorie intake and working out through various ways for the past month. I am finding that I am not losing much, and I am starting to think that I am not eating enough calories or I need a different approach at what I am doing.

Here is my calorie intake chart from the last month, post-exercise:

netcals_zps72c00f09.jpg

I am 5'6, 240.2 lbs. I'm not even going to get into why I got to where I am now, but I am now at a point in life where I'm ready to melt it all off. I am in a position where I do desk work (brand new job!) and I do exercise 3-4 times a week (typically hour long classes where I burn high 500-700 cals/session), so I do consider myself as Lightly Active for now. My calorie intake should be: 1,973 calories. I would like to lose 2-2.5 lbs/week, as I know 2 is considered safe and I do not want a rebound effect.

I am probably answering my own question, but should I increase my calorie intake to (calories consumed) - (exercise cals) = BMR? I haven't hit my BMR any day so far.

Thank you in advance-- I searched through the forums and did look at different topics, and for some reason it just isn't sticking because of all the lingo! :)

Replies

• StephGettinFit
    StephGettinFit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you taking in each day?
  • ntdrive
    ntdrive Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yes, you need to increase your caloric intake
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    hC5BE2FDB
  • Hawkgirl62
    Hawkgirl62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention that. MFP is set at 1,510. This week, since I have Sunday as my last day, I am down an extra 910 calories for the week under the 10,570. So I am averaging 1,380/day post-exercise.
  • Hawkgirl62
    Hawkgirl62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump