HRM question

Options
mommared53
mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
I just bought a Polar F11 hrm. Are you supposed to wear the chest strap and watch all day long or just when you're exercising?

Replies

• mommared53
    Options
    I just bought a Polar F11 hrm. Are you supposed to wear the chest strap and watch all day long or just when you're exercising?
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    it all depends.

you can wear it all day long on a day that you do almost nothing, to find out what your bmr is... ive worn mine for 12 hours on a non active day and doubled my number just to see a basic idea of how many calories that my body burns without exercise in 24 hours
    after knowing that number, you can better count your calories and know what to feed your self based on what your body burns, not what the site tells you that it burns.

now i just wear it when i exercise so i know what to enter into my exercise thingie each day, that way i am sure that i am eating the right amount of calories.

does this make sense?
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Well you could do both! Wear it all day long if you want to see your 'actual' calories burned for the day (remember 1300 calories burned just to lay awake in bed without moving and then MFP calculates approx calories burned depending on what activity level you chose) or just wear it for exercising and log that amount for your daily calories burned. It also keeps track of your total calories burned so you can reset it once a week to see your total burned for the week, that is a fun thing to know too!

Have fun!
  • mommared53
    Options
    Ok, thanks for your help.