30 DayShred - I have a couple questions

Options
Hello All!

Just looking for a little input from those who have done the complete 30 Day Shred workout. I have started it several times in the past, but never got very far with it. I have started it over once again, and I am on Day# 3 now... So, that covers the background a bit I guess... My questions are as follows:

#1) What weight did you use for the program?
#2) I have read that the idea is to do the workout for 30 consecutive days... but I also know the value of rest days. Did you do the workout every day, or take rest days?
#3) What advice would give someone starting this workout, having the experience of having finished it yourself?

Thanks all!

Replies

• nataliecarter28
    nataliecarter28 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I used 3 pound weights.
    take 2 rest days per week.
    advice- take measurements, rather then the scale. I gained three pounds, but it was obviously muscle.
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    All very good questions - and I look forward to hearing other responses. I have started 30DS many times and never finished it, so I hope for some feedback from those who have finished it.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I am currently on day#5 of level 2.

1) I am using 2.5kg weights which is the equivalent of 5.5lbs. They are quite heavy.

2) I am working out every day with it. I'm trying to decide whether to take my weights on holiday to continue onto level 3.

3) I haven't finished but I would say start with lighter weights and as hard as each level is, build up to it. in the last few days I have definitely got stronger with the exercises.
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    #1) What weight did you use for the program?

I started out with tins of soup for level 1 and then went onto 2kg weights at the start of level 2 once I managed to buy them!
    #2) I have read that the idea is to do the workout for 30 consecutive days... but I also know the value of rest days. Did you do the workout every day, or take rest days?

I did 6 days and 1 rest day a week and still saw amazing results.
    3) What advice would give someone starting this workout, having the experience of having finished it yourself?

Stick with it. Day 4 I found was somewhat of a hurdle and once I got over that I kept going. Also, make a chart. I had my days mapped out so I could tick off when I'd done the workout and wrote down my measurements and weigh ins. Great to see the progress each week.

Good luck!
  • PecorinoRomano
    PecorinoRomano Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1) I haven't finished it yet, I'm about halfway through the program right now. I started out with 2 lb weights, but found that it wasn't very challenging. After a few days I moved up to 5 lbs weights and have been using them ever since. I know a few people who are using 8 lb weights, so I think it's just depends on what you're comfortable with.

2) I have taken 2 rest days so far. Once after 10 days of level 1 and once after level 2 day 5 because I was just generally feeling burnt out. Again, listen to your body. If you feel like you can push through it without rest days, awesome! If you need to take a break, that's okay too.

3) STICK WITH IT. Follow Anita if you have to, but just stick with it. After 17 days I have lost 4.5 pounds and lost over an inch on my waist and another inch on my hips. It really does work and you will get results if you keep it up.

Good luck!!
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I used 2 kg weights.
    You don't need to take rest days as is only 20 minutes workout, but if u feel like u want one,that is absolutely fine. ( I took only 2 days rest in 30 days but not because needed them, only life happens...:)
    As an advice, try to eat at deficit for the entire program and you will see very good results. I didn't do that for all 30 days but still saw change in my body. Also since I did 30DS I kept exercising,now I am doing P90X. Just keep pushing yourself every day and at the end u will be happy that u did it.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels recommendation at the beginning of the DVD is to workout 5x a week-so you will take 2 rest days.

I used 3-5 and 8lb weights depending on the exercise.

stick with it-it really works!

good luck