Fitbit Flex

Options
maca416
maca416 Posts: 142 Member
Anyone using the Fitbit Flex in the US we are due to get it launched in the UK in the next few weeks so before I pre order it would be great to get any feedback, how does it compare to the Fitbit one ? better or worse.

Thanks

Replies

• ptheb1
    ptheb1 Posts: 8
    Options
    I like the flex better because I can wear it all the time and I don't have to switch into a sleeping cuff. The flex is very light and I forget it is on most of the time.
    As far as accuracy - many people are debating that right now. I find it provides very similar results to the One, especially after you enter your stride length. I don't get very many false steps from my regular activities, though some have claimed problems.

I personally like it more as a reminder to stay active - even if it is light, I see it there, the display is cool and minimalist. I don't need to keep 100% accurate stats to get healthier, so those issues, for me, are moot.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Bump as I have the one but am hoping for the new Flex for xmas.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    There are lots of reviews emerging now about them so it is worth doing some research and reading those - I found this one yesterday which I found interesting as it compares between the One and the Flex.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/05/fitbit-flex-review-peer-pressure-sucks/
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    There are lots of reviews emerging now about them so it is worth doing some research and reading those - I found this one yesterday which I found interesting as it compares between the One and the Flex.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/05/fitbit-flex-review-peer-pressure-sucks/

Thanks - that was really useful. I live in a hilly area and love the fact that the fitbit picks up on the changes in altitude and counts them as stairs for me.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I heard a bad review here about the flex a few days ago. I don't remember the thread but if you use the search feature and search fitbit flex you may find it:)
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have a one and I really like it. I think if I had one of the phones that it could sync to I would like the flex, but since I don't I like that the one has a display on it, so I can see how many steps I have so far. I like that I can set a timer to get data for a specific period. So if I were going on a walk I could start the timer and then end it when I'm done and get feedback on my pace, number of steps per minute and total distance- this data would still show up in the total for the day but I can get specific data for that activity- sort of like a trip odometer. I haven't seen that the flex has that option.

But if wearability is the most important function to you then I'd think flex would be good for that- but I'm pretty amped about the fitbit one!
  • HeidiSmith419
    HeidiSmith419 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I saw a post on Instagram today about the jawbone which also syncs here. I haven't compared much but they seem very similar. The owner of the jawbone mentioned it will vibrate if you have been inactive too long to encourage increased activity. Does anyone know if the flex does that as well? I think the jawbone was only $20 more.
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I saw a post on Instagram today about the jawbone which also syncs here. I haven't compared much but they seem very similar. The owner of the jawbone mentioned it will vibrate if you have been inactive too long to encourage increased activity. Does anyone know if the flex does that as well? I think the jawbone was only $20 more.

I have the One and my husband has Flex. Several people have suggested the vibrate on the forums for the One, and I haven't seen anything with the Flex yet??? I took a suggestion and set several silent alarm times during the weekday so that I will get up from my computer and move. Mine start at 9am and go off hourly until my kids bus time...my last alarm. I work from home, so I really can be sedentary if I don't purposely get up and walk the stairs or even just circles around my kitchen!!
  • americangirlok
    Options

I have the One and my husband has Flex. Several people have suggested the vibrate on the forums for the One, and I haven't seen anything with the Flex yet??? I took a suggestion and set several silent alarm times during the weekday so that I will get up from my computer and move. Mine start at 9am and go off hourly until my kids bus time...my last alarm. I work from home, so I really can be sedentary if I don't purposely get up and walk the stairs or even just circles around my kitchen!!

This is a brilliant idea!
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One and use it 24/7 but have been interested in the Flex for the future. I read a bunch of reviews the other day and the main theme of those who have the Flex is that they really miss the One's display. Apparently the Flex has a lights display of some kind but not actual display of steps, stairs, etc.
  • americangirlok
    Options
    You know what would just solve this? If they'd design wrist bands and an update to the one that you can either wear it on your wrist or on your torso- and it would just be a setting w/in the app or website to tell it if you are wearing it on your torso or on your wrist. Then you can have the display if you want it, you can wear it on your wrist if you want- or if you are going to a formal thing you can tuck it in a pocket or your bra.

Best of both worlds! They should pay me for this idea!
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You know what would just solve this? If they'd design wrist bands and an update to the one that you can either wear it on your wrist or on your torso- and it would just be a setting w/in the app or website to tell it if you are wearing it on your torso or on your wrist. Then you can have the display if you want it, you can wear it on your wrist if you want- or if you are going to a formal thing you can tuck it in a pocket or your bra.

Best of both worlds! They should pay me for this idea!

I like the idea and I sometimes keep mine in the sleep band in the morning until I get out of my PJs (maybe around lunch time??!!). The tecnology between the 2 seems to be pretty different from what I read on the fitbit blog page. They were talking about the different movements, like someone who is running but not moving their arms. That took me a second (it really shouldn't since I have 3 kids) but it's someone running with a stroller and then you have the opposite, someone is is a hand talker and not moving. It will be interesting to see how the flex evolves. I imagine with all the talk about it there will be improved versions in our future.
  • krista1280
    krista1280 Posts: 3
    Options
    Has anyone tried wearing the fitbit flex around the ankle instead of the wrist? that might be more accurate in terms of step counting throughout the day?
  • maca416
    maca416 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments, I think I might go for the Fitbit one due to the Flex not having stairs input.