Advice needed

Options
ashlee954
ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
This may TMI but I am concerned so here goes...I just started my diet last Thursday. So only one week. I typically ate about 2500 calories prior to that. I am now eating 1000-1350/day. I have been on BC since I was 14. I am 29 now. I have had a regular period ever since. Every 28 days like clockwork. I am now 7 days early. Not just a little but full blown for two days now. Could this be because of my change in diet? So soon? I'm worried. :frown:

Replies

• ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    It may be....changes to your body--food consumption and exercise can effect your period, stress levels can do this too...
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    When I first started dieting, I started spotting , and to me this was a huge deal becacuse im on the depo and havent had my period in about 2 years. It was from the weight loss, you will be fine :-)
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    It is likely do to the diet difference. However, sites like webmd suggest that if there are irregularities for more than 4months in a row, to go see a doctor.

Great job on the lifestyle change.
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    change in diet can do WEIRD things to your body, including your hormones. Just like being way over weight can make you STOP having a period, losing weight can make you have crazy heavy periods and have them more often or sooner then you should. nothing to worry about, its just your body getting used to the new routine. :)
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    Just a suggestion - that's a really large calorie cut - you might wanna do 1500-1700 calories for a few weeks then drop to 1500-1300 and so on - that large a drop in calories does strange things to your body and you are far more likely to hit a plateau and it will take longer to reach your goal in the long run. At least that was my experience - once i started to cut my calories at a slower rate the pounds steadily came off - lost 66 so far, 2 more to go til my goal!
  • ashlee954
    Options
    Thanks guys! The reason my calorie cut seems so drastic is that 1200 of my original calories were from champagne! Daily! I quit drinking and thus cut those 1200. I really wasn't eating much more than I am now.
  • doddiebird
    Options
    I have been an RN for 20 years and I find spotting unusual from healthy dieting . Check with your doctor
  • ashlee954
    Options
    I checked. He said it could be a number of things. As if I didn't already know THAT. He told me to wait and see what next month holds. I wanna know if there's something wrong now. Like am I prego? Ectopic? I can't even test until after when my period was SUPPOSED to start/end because I am on the pill. So now I wait three more weeks. Seems strange to me is all.
  • foodfighter001
    Options
    You cut alot of calories out and probably that means alot of bad for you foods too. I just read a book about all the fake things we put in foods (flavors, sweetners, preservatives) that actually act like hormones or throw them out of whack in the body. Especially estrogen, so maybe by cutting out that stuff your hormones are going back to where they should be?