5 weeks until my wedding. What should I do?

Options
hartmamp
hartmamp Posts: 80 Member
I have very slowwwwwwwwwwly lost a few inches since January, but have really been working out hard and eating well (mostly) since August. But now we are down to 5 weeks left, and I just haven't seen the changes that I think I personally should based on how hard I've worked.

So what is going to make the most difference in the next 5 weeks? I was browsing a lot of posts and it seems that lifting heavy may lead to the most fat loss. I do strength training but I think I could lift heavier. I was considering either Stronglifts or maybe New Rules of Lifting for Women, but is it too late?

Replies

• katyyygee
    katyyygee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd say personally perhaps try a video like the 30 Day Shred. You can see results very quickly using it. I know this may not be helpful or what you're looking for but I don't really know a lot about strangth training.
  • hartmamp
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, but I've done 30DS and I don't think it's challenging enough.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    open your diary ...

The best you can do is eay in 500 cal deficit which would give you 1 lb per week loss, or five pounds in five weeks..
  • hartmamp
    Options
    I have been and only gained weight. I'm at a loss.

I usually use Sparkpeople to track food, which is why my diary isn't open.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    HIIT training from here on in. And be consistent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • clairabellle
    clairabellle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I have 9 months to go for my wedding so I'm sure your going to look and feel gorgeous regardless :flowerforyou:
  • RiesigJay
    RiesigJay Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Consider dropping calories to 1200 (or less, depending on your height).

I'm 6'2" and consuming 1550 which is a lot less than most females here. 3 weeks, 18 pounds and going strong.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/californiagirl2012/view/kiya-lost-110-lbs-ignoring-the-1200-calorie-myth-for-small-females-530858
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options

if you've been consistently eating at a 500 cal deficit and working out, and 'only gained weight'... then you're either not logging all your food and/or not measuring your food.

it's also slightly possible you miscalculated your goal cal intake, but to miscalculate it by that much and not realize something is off seems unlikely.

log everything. weight everything. calculate your tdee, eat to goal, and exercise. if you do this, you will lose weight. not at a fixed rate, but certainly over the time period you've discussed.
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    In my opinion you should just maintain/not lose a lot because you want your dress to fit 5 weeks from now. I'm sure you don't need the extra stress caused by the dress not fitting right.
  • WhaddoWino
    WhaddoWino Posts: 146 Member
    Options

if you've been consistently eating at a 500 cal deficit and working out, and 'only gained weight'... then you're either not logging all your food and/or not measuring your food.

it's also slightly possible you miscalculated your goal cal intake, but to miscalculate it by that much and not realize something is off seems unlikely.

log everything. weight everything. calculate your tdee, eat to goal, and exercise. if you do this, you will lose weight. not at a fixed rate, but certainly over the time period you've discussed.

You also may be gaining muscle which weighs more than fat! The number on the scale is meaningless if inches are melting off and clothes are feeling looser. Have you been on FitnessBlender.com? They have a range of free workouts and, if you want a challenge, you can find one there!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

You also may be gaining muscle which weighs more than fat! The number on the scale is meaningless if inches are melting off and clothes are feeling looser. Have you been on FitnessBlender.com? They have a range of free workouts and, if you want a challenge, you can find one there!
    \

muscle does not weight more than fat...

and you cant covert fat into muscle..so if you replace a pound of fat with muscle it is not a gain or a loss...you just look bigger...

sighs.....
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I agree, I would do 3 days of HIIT and supplement with 2-3 days of lifting. If it is too easy, you should up your weights or change your program. Compound lifts are best, squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc..

Also make sure you are weighing every single thing you eat with a food scale!! In 5 weeks you could do a lot, if you're really careful about the calories.
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you want to lose much more so close to the big day? You don't want your dress to be falling off of you..

There was a recent thread about Jillian Michael's Body Revolution with amazing results.

if the 30DS isn't challenging enough, you can start p90x or insanity..