Any Seniors from Tennessee?

Options
The scale has been up and down for 30 years, my diabetes is most probably the result of my poor eating habits, lack of exercise, and a stressful career. Retired now, with time, money and lifestyle to concentrate on myself for the first time ever. Looking forward to realizing a fit and smaller body!

Replies

• sreastham
    sreastham Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not in Tennessee but been through there a few times lately. From West Virginia. I'm 60 and not retired yet, although would love to be. Lost my husband last year, so after all the caretaking years and through the first year alone I'm finally back on track to take care of myself. Your diabetes will definitely be affected by your eating and weight and I don't want you to have to go through the same things my husband did so get out there and get moving. You have to stay with it, for your quality of life. Educate yourself, read the articles, keep your food journal, keep weighing yourself and de-stress every day. I'm telling you that your life depends on all that. I have found out that we all need that. Life in the US has taught us to do everything wrong so we have to retrain our minds and bodies. And what an opportunity you have - being retired with time and money. Don't take on too many outside things that you can't take care of yourself but absolutely get out among people and live.

Add me as a friend if you like.