8 pounds in six days

Options
jahnlaw
jahnlaw Posts: 95 Member
If any of you have stuggled with weight loss despite your best efforts, youll be happy there is an answer. My wife has a history of a thyroid condition that has caused countless frustration with an unbudging scale.

Im so thrilled at her new approach this past week which netted an 8 pound loss in one week.

This is huge for a girl in her 40s with her medical condition. She feels like she just made it another week as a contestant on The Biggest Loser and feels hope at this early success. Im following her lead and hope to be able to post my results next week. Send me a friend request and Ill be posting how we both do..

Replies

• NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    8 lb loss in 1 week...sounds real healthy. What are you trying to sell?
  • IndiaGuerita1983
    IndiaGuerita1983 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I lost 9 pounds in one week with diet and exercise during my first week on MFP. Afterwards my weight loss slowed to a steady pace of two pounds per week.

I am not doing anything crazy, no surgery and no pills. Poster's wife's weight will probably normalize. Plus, he mentioned that she has a thyroid issue which can change how weight loss happens for people with thyroid problems.

-Laura
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I was reading your profile and it says she has had five kids and now works. I wonder if she had a tubal ligation? Many women who have tubals later have severe thyroid problems due to post-tubal syndrome.

I am glad she's losing, but eight lbs in one week is heading for a fall and probably signals an imbalance somewhere.

Or you're selling something.
  • jahnlaw
    Options
    Wow... Im not selling anything cept at our garage sale this weekend. :) BTW, My wife has never used any contraception or tubl. NFP has been our only way. Her MD says her thyroid disorder is most likely due nutritional factors affecting our food supply and especially the fluoride in our water supply.
  • missmae182828
    Options
    Wow... Im not selling anything cept at our garage sale this weekend. :) BTW, My wife has never used any contraception or tubl. NFP has been our only way. Her MD says her thyroid disorder is most likely due nutritional factors affecting our food supply and especially the fluoride in our water supply.

Wow... Im not selling anything cept at our garage sale this weekend. :) Love it!!!! That just made my day!! Congrats to your wife!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    If its actually fat weight loss, or if its mostly water weight, either way when you see that scale go down its still self-motivating. Congrats to her!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Yes, congratulations to her, too. it did sound too good to be true, but I'm glad that it is true. Is she journaling here, too?
  • Kacey11312
    Kacey11312 Posts: 55
    Options
    Goodness people! How about some positive thinking? :) Congrats to your wife, that is great!
  • jahnlaw
    Options
    Im so very glad that I followed my wifes plan and lost 15 pounds myself in 8 days.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Im so very glad that I followed my wifes plan and lost 15 pounds myself in 8 days.

15lb in 8 days....?

hmmmmm :huh:
  • melissareich
    melissareich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    15lbs in a week... :noway:

Watch out, you can easily gain that back (plus some) when you do stuff like that
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I was reading your profile and it says she has had five kids and now works. I wonder if she had a tubal ligation? Many women who have tubals later have severe thyroid problems due to post-tubal syndrome.

Oh great something else I need to be worried about now. FML
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

You must be starving yourself if that is true. Very unhealthy to lose that much weight so fast.
  • abrandnewme18
    abrandnewme18 Posts: 305
    Options

please do share the plan.
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options

Theres always one that has to try and be a smart ars:grumble:

Anyway to the OP congrats and good for your wife :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!