Low Cal Beef Lasagna-very filling!

Options
2»

Replies

• queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Dakitten2 - prego comes in several different sizes. I use the "huge" jar when I'm making my roaster size pan if lasagna & the smaller sizes when it's just a couple of us are eating. Personally I like prego better because it has actual chunks of veggies in it.
  • debrajdavid
    debrajdavid Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • workingirl706
    workingirl706 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy
  • Kaulette
    Kaulette Posts: 7
    Options
    bump...making this for dinner
  • CassieAudette
    Options
    Oh that sounds good! I wonder if I could pass it by my hubby!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!

Sounds delicious!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    My lasagna recipe, adapted from a genuine Italian lasagna recipe:

red sauce:

500gr ground turkey or ground lean beef
    some sliced mushrooms
    1 onion
    4 cloves garlic
    2-3 400gr cans of chopped tomatoes
    dried italian herbs (oregano and basil)
    olive oil

white sauce:

25gr olive oil spread (or other butter (substitute))
    25gr white flour
    600ml skimmed or oat milk

other ingredients:

lasagna noodles
    one ball low fat mozzarella
    parmesan

Heat some olive oil in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook until onion is glazed. Add the ground meat and cook until done. Add the sliced mushroom, give it a stir. Add the tins of chopped tomatoes and plenty of Italian herbs. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.

Make the white sauce by adding all the ingredients in a saucepan and whisking until it is boiling. Then go around all the corners with a wooden spoon, to get all the flour and butter out of the corners so they don't burn. Simmer gently for 6-8 minutes until it has a sauce thickness. Whisk regularly. Season with pepper (and maybe salt, but I usually don't).

Preheat oven 200 degrees C. Layer the tomato sauce, white sauce and noodles in an oven dish. Start with tomato sauce, then white sauce, noodles, etc. Finish with white sauce. Then slice the mozzarella and put on top. Grate a bit of parmesan and put on top. Put in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Use lean lamb,

Living in a small traditional village in italy, my mother made lasagne for the locals as they said she made the best and they would have been horrified to know she had deviated from the traditional ingrediants..
  • mhart72
    mhart72 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kend61
    kend61 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love it