Super Healthy Salad Dressing.. wha?

Options
2»

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

i love adding feta cheese too! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    I love feta on salads. I have recently started loving gorgonzola cheese in them too.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    amishfinefoods sells salad dressings in packet sizes from a variety of sources so you don't buy a whole bottle, hate the taste and throw it out: http://amishfinefoods.com/condiments.html
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I like to mix plain greek yogurt with a little fresh horseradish and some vinegar.
    Also straight hummus is a great dressing or mix hummus with a little mustard.
    Cottage cheese is also a good "dressing", I was skeptical how it would taste ON the salad but you barely notice it and the salad is nice and creamy (I use 1/4 cup of low-salt cottage cheese on a big bowl of salad, a little goes a long way). If I'm feeling crazy I'll do cottage cheese and a little hummus.

Greek yogurt, no-salt greek seasoning and some blue cheese crumbles is also good.
  • Dee678
    Dee678 Posts: 53
    Options

i love adding feta cheese too! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    I love feta on salads. I have recently started loving gorgonzola cheese in them too.

Once you love gorgonzola, try a little blue cheese crumbled! I love these strongly flavored cheese because a little goes a long way = fewer calories for the same satisfaction!
  • mandikaye
    mandikaye Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm a ranch dressing junkie. Are there any good *healthy* recipes that don't sacrifice too much in the taste department?
  • ecgravatt
    ecgravatt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Plain balsamic vinegar (either red or white) is really good too and has about 20 calories per tablespoon (which is plenty of vinegar for a salad).

Also try making your own salad dressing using oil and vinegar and maybe some dijon mustard to thicken it up/creamy it up. There's very few calories in mustard, and if you use very little oil you don't add too much AND olive oil is so good for you its worth it.

Better to put whole natural foods in your body than products of modern chemistry. As Jamie Oliver once said "if the ingredient list looks like a NASA experiment, don't eat it!"
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I just checked out book "Now Eat This!" from the library and it has some healthier dressing recipes. I haven't tried them, but wanted to pass along the information!

http://www.amazon.com/Now-Eat-This-Americas-Favorite/dp/0345520904/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280452842&sr=8-1