Lost 150 pounds in 363 days

Options
fatguydiary
fatguydiary Posts: 18 Member
I am presently in reboot/beast mode. I needed to get back to basics personally which I am doing now. I joined myfitnesspal to get motivation from reading about other people’s journeys!!

I lost 150 pounds in 363 days in 2009/10! BUT, I am doing some much needed retooling now.

ObliqueNDp17%20a_0.thumbnail.jpg

I am truly healthy for the first time in my life! On March 2nd 2009, at 351 pounds, I was being treated and on meds for High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Anxiety, Sleep Issues, Migraines, Asthma and Esophageal Reflux. Now my doctor loves me and I am off ALL of my meds and all issues are under control. I am a HAPPY HEALTHY FAT GUY!!

Thanks for YOUR inspiration! Love reading this site/blog!!

Note to ME and YOU: Inspire and be Inspired!!

TheFatGuyTheFitGuyTheBEAST

Replies

• mjfhorsey
    mjfhorsey Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow that's awesome!
  • JacquiMayCrook
    JacquiMayCrook Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an achievement! You must be so proud of yourself!

Thanks for sharing :glasses:
  • yavrig
    yavrig Posts: 28
    Options
    Awesome! and inspiring!

Ignorant question... what's reboot/beast mode?
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Great work. Currently on that road myself right now. Peak weight 346. Currently at around 275. Working towards 200-ish.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! you are amazing! 150 lbs! woot! congrats!
  • fatguydiary
    Options
    Reboot is where I am at now. I have been dealing with life and putting on muscle the last year or so. A little more weight than I want right now. I am in the best shape of my life but want to bring my weight down a little. BEAST MODE is how I think about takig care of ME. I need to focus on being the best ME for ME and the people around ME. SO I am in BEAST mode physically and mentally when it comes to being healthy and fit. 57 years old this coming weekend and continue to improve on the best shape of my life. I am blessed and fortunate!
    TheFatGuyTheFitGuyTheBEAST :)
  • marooned
    marooned Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! headed to the homestretch of a similar journey.. how was the muscle building process being in your 50's (as am I )
  • evief0915
    evief0915 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have 150 to go as well. You are a true inspiration to me. Keep encouraging me. I need it. I am also on high blood pressure meds and have reflux. Did you find it hard to exercise at first? That is the trouble I am having. Any tips are appreciated. I bet you look awesome!
  • fatguydiary
    Options
    Marooned, Thanks!! Muscle building has been exceptional! I have been amazed at my progress but have a careful eye on my weight/health. That is why I am trying to slowly adjust my weight down now. You can check out some of my pics at fatguydiary.com to see some of my progress. I am in the best shape of my life and will be 57 this coming weekend. You can also download my story for free from my website. I love hearing all of the success stories on this site!! Very inspiring :)

• fatguydiary
    Options
    In answer to the question, ' Did you find it hard to exercise at first?' The answer would be yes. But I decided to 'JUST MOVE! One step at a time!' I blogged about it at http://fatguydiary.com/node/1236 I am blessed to have found my journey and to be as fit and healthy as I am now. I wish that for ALL of you.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    The picture won't work for me so I can see the progress.
  • lheaton
    lheaton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What the what? You are a rock star!
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Reboot is where I am at now. I have been dealing with life and putting on muscle the last year or so. A little more weight than I want right now. I am in the best shape of my life but want to bring my weight down a little. BEAST MODE is how I think about takig care of ME. I need to focus on being the best ME for ME and the people around ME. SO I am in BEAST mode physically and mentally when it comes to being healthy and fit. 57 years old this coming weekend and continue to improve on the best shape of my life. I am blessed and fortunate!
    TheFatGuyTheFitGuyTheBEAST :)

Great JOB. I have been lifting for 47 years. You will NOT regret it.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! What an incredible job!
  • fatguydiary
    Options
    Forgot the pics! Now I know how to add them!!
    393735_2930201784771_1395763544_n.jpg

644254_10200655164852197_1711525075_n.jpg
  • SunflowerRox
    SunflowerRox Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! *high fives* Keep up the good work. It's people like you that inspire the rest of us. :happy:
  • fatguydiary
    Options
    You look awesome! *high fives* Keep up the good work. It's people like you that inspire the rest of us. :happy:
    THANKS! I get inspired by all of the journeys I see. Whether it is someone starting, in the middle of, or well on their way on their journey!! Take care of YOU!
  • fatguydiary
    Options
    How do I feel now? These pics should tell you :)
    2 of my favorite pics. Doing a recent push up challenge to raise funds for afterschool programs (450 pushups in 30 minutes during training) and just having fun at Camp Kemo pulling for and with the kids.

282864_10100902122221757_1563634653_n.jpg
    893155_10200855512460762_124240534_o.jpg
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats on your success!!!!
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!