Trying to get back on track! HELP

Options
Danilea7
Danilea7 Posts: 8 Member
Hi All,

I joined MFP January of 2011 and lost 25 pounds over about 5 months, I was feeling great and pretty happy with the way I looked, just wanted to tone up a bit more. But since then I've had a lot of life changes, graduated college, 2 new jobs, 2 new apartments (moved twice), broke up with a long term boyfriend. Right now I feel like everything is getting back on track except I've gained 20 pounds back. I work in a cubicle 8 hours a day so I feel like this extreme sedentary lifestyle is putting a damper on everything. I've had some heart issues I've worked through with a Dr. over the last year but everything is somewhat solved. (I have to wear a heart rate monitor during exercise because it decides to get a tad out of control sometimes, no biggie haha).

I know I have what it takes to get back where I was but I've lost my motivation partner. I need some help from fellow MFP-ians to give me the extra support I need to keep this up again.I love to cook, but live alone so hate making HUGE meals so if anyone has good recipes to for singles I'd love to hear them. I need to be kept accountable for my actions and once I get back I know I'll be able to provide support for anyone else. So please add me if you are in the same boat or just to give some extra support, much appreciated!! I'm want to look forward to bikini season again :tongue:

Replies

• jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request, anyone can feel free to add me for some motivation. Trying to get myself back on track!
  • KYT1121
    KYT1121 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! You've done it once and there's nothing stopping you from doing it again!!! I too have been in the live alone trying to cook boat! I had to start taking recipes and just making them for two. Then I'd eat one portion and either freeze the other portion or put it in the fridge. It's a struggle though b/c I found I was wasting a lot of food! Once I became mindful of what I was doing it was much better! You can totally ROCK this!
  • xDMartinHx
    xDMartinHx Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, anyone
  • Gunr2147
    Gunr2147 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    On just about everyday. Feel free to add me.
  • Jenner9169
    Jenner9169 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the sitting down a lot and cooking for 1 front! Well done for being motivated to lose again :) You can do this. Feel free to add me anyone.
  • amandamotley
    Options
    I live with my fiance BUT am usually cooking just for me! But for efficiency's sake I make bigger meals and pre-portion them into tupperware for the week (and often freeze some for weeks I'm too busy to cook). My favorites are crock pot recipes because they require so little attention. Some regulars in my rotation are chicken salad (I make the chicken in the crock pot, shred it, then make the chicken salad w plain fat free greek yogurt), pulled pork loin, shredded beef, and I just made a really good thai curry dish over the weekend. I'll normally make 2 things over the course of a weekend. I put each recipe into MFP, divide them evenly into portions (I weigh everything but I'm down to getting rid of the last few lbs of bodyfat and feel like it's the best way), and throw them in the fridge/freezer - and I'm done for the week. HIGHLY recommended.

For individual right-then meals, I recommend omeletes, a single chicken breast cooked in a pan or on the george foreman, oats...lots of options! Feel free to add me, my diary is open and I am on here all the time.
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    I lost 70lbs with mfp then had some stresses in my life, stopped tracking and started binge eating worse than before, I gained back nearly 40lbs. I re-started a month ago and have lost 10lbs so far. Trust me it feels amazing once you get back into the swing of things again.
    Feel free to add me :)