P90X

Options
My boyfriend and I are thinking of starting P90X today. He's had the dvd's for awhile now and yesterday I was looking through them and asked if he wanted to start them. He said yes and now today's the day. Once we both get off work we're going to do the first dvd. I'm usually pretty good at the beginning of new programs or workout dvd's...it's the continuation of the programs that I have an issue with. At first I'm all determined and love the soreness that accompanies a new work out routine. That lasts about the first week! Week two is where my struggles begin. I come home tired/upset/frustrated due to the kind of work that I do. And that takes it's toll on my energy level.

At this point I know that I'm going to need a motivation boost every few days or I'll want to give up or decide that I just don't like the program. I already know what my excuses are and just need an extra push every once in awhile to keep me going. Any support and motivation is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• KatieAHarp
    KatieAHarp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My guy and I just started p90x on Wednesday, but we're starting over today so we can have our rest/stretch day on Sunday. I've never done anything like this before and have struggled with consistency in lots of areas in my life. So has my husband. So far it's been awesome to do it together... We'll see. I'm pretty determined this time and we're going all in - we have the right equipment and are following the nutrition guide, too.

You got this! Let's do it!
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    HI there-
    If you would like some support feel free to add me. My wife and I are about to finish our third consecutive round of P90X. We are completley hooked. I've learned a lot along the way .

Good luck
    Simon
  • dzarate5
    dzarate5 Posts: 10
    Options
    @Simon...I just added you and I saw the pictures of your wife...she looks great! Hopefully she didn't get too mad at you =)

@Katie...I feel pretty determined this time around as well. I've been exercising pretty consistently for a few years but my diet is what's gotten in my way. I also get bored with work outs after awhile. I'm hoping that this program will kick my butt enough that I feel like I need to fight back lol.
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hello.

I host Total Team Beachbody Support Group here on my fitness pal. It is for anyone working out to any Team Beachbody Fitness Program. We are a support and motivation group.

I also host several support groups on facebook. I have one beginning today if anyone is interested. This is free and anyone who is working out to any Team Beachbody program is welcome to join.

If interested send me a message or reply or join group. I am currently on Day 71 of P90X, My links are below.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/527307200663612/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14116-total-team-beachbody-support-group
  • Jackson4590
    Jackson4590 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My wife and I did P90x and P90x2. We didn't follow the diet plan but we both did get stronger throughout the program. Don't expect huge muscles as p90x is to get in better shape; not to become a huge meathead.

I have a picture on my profile of me before p90x and me after. i'm not "ripped" afterwards but definitely in far better shape. Good luck!
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You can add, me, I am not doing P90X, but the Insanity workout, (same workout family) and just began my second week!