Sugar

Options
alska
alska Posts: 299 Member
I eat one to two fruits a day i am either at 0 or over my sugar in take :( I ate a green pear n a cup of halved strawberries ... now i have 0 left on my dairy .... I though fruit was supposed to be good for you?

is that kind of sugar ok for you?

Replies

• goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    all Sugar is great for you!! but real sugar not fake processed! I eat tons of sugar carbs every day!!
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    btw you look amazing why are u worried??
  • melaniecmajors
    melaniecmajors Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Fruits are good for you but you should probably not eat two a day if you are trying to lose weight. I would also focus on what kindof fruit you are eating. High GI fruits will still spike your insulin (i.e. banana) but berries won't (low GI) you can google the difference between hi and low GI fruits for more info. Also, I would eat them before or after exercise to boost your performance or if not working out then at night if you can.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it is only the fruit that is adding sugar into your macros? I have been very surprised just how many things that I thought were healthy that have high sugar and salt contents!
  • alska
    Options
    lol! i wish that was me!! i keep that there in hopes i look somewhat like that :P
  • alska
    Options
    Fruits are good for you but you should probably not eat two a day if you are trying to lose weight. I would also focus on what kindof fruit you are eating. High GI fruits will still spike your insulin (i.e. banana) but berries won't (low GI) you can google the difference between hi and low GI fruits for more info. Also, I would eat them before or after exercise to boost your performance or if not working out then at night if you can.

thanks, i will do a search. i didn't know there was different ones.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    all Sugar is great for you!! but real sugar not fake processed! I eat tons of sugar carbs every day!!

lolrus, metabolically speaking how is "real" sugar different from "fake processed" sugars?
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Fruits are good for you but you should probably not eat two a day if you are trying to lose weight.

Uhhhh ... whut? Lol
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Fruits are good for you but you should probably not eat two a day if you are trying to lose weight.

Weight-loss is a function of calories in < calories out. You could get every single calorie from fruit and still lose weight if you are eating fewer calories than you burn.

Now that the basics are out of the way, don't worry about sugar from fruit unless you are going over your carb goals overall. If you are missing your protein and fat targets because of overconsumption of carbs, then it's a problem. But if your macros are fine, then you don't need to worry about this.