$$$ and Coupons (the frugal life)

Options
Hi All! I just thought I would share some resources that have helped me save money...even buying some organic foods. I LOVE shopping at Ralph's (and SAVING MONEY!). I find that Ralph's has a decent organic selection with regular sales and coupons. (plus, I love getting the Ralph's Vouchers every 3 months!) If you know of any coupon resources, please share too!

(for most Produce, I shop at my local Farmer's Market)
www.couponmom.com (on her site are great links to Coupons.com, Cellfire, RedPlum, SmartSource...)
www.ralphs.com
www.thefrugalgirls.com (get tips, recipes, free samples, promos, codes, etc)
And using the Sunday paper is get for coupon clipping too!

I hope this helps those who are striving for a healthier life and wallet! <3 Be blessed!

Replies

• jvmay1703
    jvmay1703 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    my favorite is www.hip2save.com
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I can totally use these - especially being on maternity leave!
  • Kpatty
    Kpatty Posts: 41
    Options
    Just an added bonus: Shop at places that will DOUBLE your coupons. Ralphs will round up coupons to $1.00 off (if it's $25 off, they'll make it $1 off). Some places, Publix for example, will double you coupons (up to a certain amount)!

For some other tips you can check out Momadvice.com! Amy has some super frugal and creative ideas, recipes, etc!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Just an added bonus: Shop at places that will DOUBLE your coupons. Ralphs will round up coupons to $1.00 off (if it's $25 off, they'll make it $1 off). Some places, Publix for example, will double you coupons (up to a certain amount)!

For some other tips you can check out Momadvice.com! Amy has some super frugal and creative ideas, recipes, etc!

I love couponmom.com and always use my double coupons at Kroger and Meijer. I always check the ads and you can get the Sunday paper for cheap (or even ask your neighbors if they get it and don't use the coupons!). I print my coupons online also from target.com and meijer.com for even more savings!! If you have a Kroger plus card and sign up online, you get mailed tons of good coupons too (even on fresh produce, chicken breasts, seafood, dairy, etc, not just brand name junk!).

I'm a very frugal mom of 3! :wink:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Bump! :bigsmile:
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this info.:flowerforyou: I love it!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    bump
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    awesome thanks!:love:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I have looked at all those sites and have never found them worth the effort. If I find 1 coupon per week for things I actually buy and eat, that's a lot. Most of the time the coupons are for things you couldn't PAY me to eat. Like I said, maybe I am missing something.
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    If you are in Canada, some great websites are:
    www.coupons.ca
    www.save.ca
    www.brandsaver.ca

I like them because they let you pick which coupons you want, so no more getting coupons you won't use.
    Also www.bargainmoose.com is a great website for deals and so is www.smartcaunck.com.

Hope these help those Canadians looking for good deals.
  • hkuiuc99
    hkuiuc99 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    have any of you tried Emealz?
    my family of 3 does the low fat meal for 2 (walmart) and it has saved us a lot of money! (and we usually have leftovers for lunch!)

check it out if you are interested!
    http://e-mealz.com/amember/go.php?r=103591&i=l0
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    For anyone in the STL area looking for something free and beautiful... Missouri Botanical Garden tomorrow, 7/24, there is free admission all day in honor of Garden Founder Henry Shaw’s 210th Birthday! IN addition, you will enjoy the Missouri Botanical Garden’s Iris Sale, and local food tasting in the Garden Gate Shop from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Woot Woot!!
  • Kpatty
    Kpatty Posts: 41
    Options
    Azdak- I think most of my savings come from household items and baby products more than food. However, I do find some good sales AND coupons. Sometimes I find produce on sale then the store will have a 75 cent off coupon for any produce...things like that HELP a lot! It's all about patience and looking for what works for you. Having 2 small children $3 off Huggies diapers saves us big! Anyway, i hope you find something that makes couponing worth your while! Bless you!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I don't know how big Fry's is (its pretty big chain store here in AZ), but they have those preferred shoppers card that gets you discounts. They also recently added in a thing on their website that you can upload special coupons onto your shoppers card and when you scan it at the checkout it will apply any coupons that it can if you bought the right stuff.

Right now they are having promotions that they will take any competitor's coupons and any manufacturer's coupons are worth $1.00 (so if it's save 40 cents on a loaf of bread it'll discount you $1 instead!)

Also - Walmart advertises that they "ad match" all the local ads. Never tried this, I don't trust the food at Walmart.
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Also - Walmart advertises that they "ad match" all the local ads. Never tried this, I don't trust the food at Walmart.

Haha, I live about 20 minutes away from the Wal-Mart home office, so it's about impossible for anything else to survive here. They even have their own bank... All of this truly amazed me when I moved to Arkansas from Texas. I'll have to try the ad match though!
  • anthemfamily
    anthemfamily Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Pinchingyourpennies.com is another really great site, like couponmom they match coupons with deals by stores (in their forum section) but you can also comment. You usually find alot of add'l info from people posting what they found in the store. I usually feed my family of 5 great healthy meals for about 150.00 a week.

Traci
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    I WISH we had a store here in SW Florida that offers double coupons. I'm originally from Connecticut and there is a grocery store that offers TRIPLE coupons..at least they did when I used to live there, years ago! I LOVE coupons and I LOVE saving money even more!!! Food here in Florida is WAY too expensive!!!!