Newbie!!

Options
Hi everyone!

Well, I've been out of grad school for almost a year (MS in Criminal Justice) and Im 24. I've had a good share of job offers but the only thing thats really holding me back in my weight. I've tried pills...which helped years ago. But Im gaining some of the weight back.

I've considered paying for the gastric sleeve (out of pocket since my BMI isnt high enough for insurance) but thats expensive!!

My goal is to join the Air Force (please keep your "evil military" comments at bay) but I have to get down to the 160's from my current weight at 202.

Soooooo, Im here!! Wish me luck guys! This is the 1st time I've HAD to lose weight for something I really wanted to do. Im afraid that I might lose motivation....and Im one of those individuals that constantly step on the scale...and get disappointed =(

Im a girl btw....not sure if that mattered to anyone.

Replies

• emilypino
    emilypino Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! This place is awesome to track your weight and exercise. And it's fun :) Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other. Good Luck!!!!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Welcome! #1 - I would go ahead and calculate your own TDEE and BMR (search for this and you can find the links) and make your own goals. MFP goals are very unrealistic for most people here to actually have success. You'll find lots of good advice in the forums but alot of it you just have to figure out what works for you and take some comments with a grain of salt.

Find people with close goals and add them as friends... it helps getting the encouragement and looking at other people's diaries.

Good luck!
  • WhittDizzle
    Options
    Thanks for the info ladies! I really appreciate it!
  • latinagurl007
    Options
    HI ladies!! I'm a newbie and looking for some support in my weight loss journey. Looking to lose 50+ lbs

Feel free to add me! Thx!!
  • gabinonunes
    gabinonunes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm not necessarily new to fitness, but I am new to MFP! Looking for buddies to help motivate and push each other. I will give any advice that I feel I can offer. Feel free to add me!
  • Chickcass
    Chickcass Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Request sent! Good luck weigh your weight loss journey!