Which one should I do next?

Options
rahlpn
rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
I am currently doing the Insanity workout and I really like it so far. I'm going into my recovery wek so I should finish round 2 midway through June. I was thinking of doing 2 rounds of Insanity back to back but now I'm rethinking the decision, I don't want to get bored or burned out. I would like to try something different but I like Shaun T (I've already done and have a lot of Jillian Michaels workouts). My birthday is the first week of July and I was thinking of asking for either Hip Hop Abs or Rockin Body for my birthday. I started my weight loss journey using Just Dance 4 on my Wii and I really enjoy dance workouts. Both are the same price so I'm just wondering if anyone has done one or both and how did you like them? How were your results?

Replies

• zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure but I'm interested in what other people have to say. I started Round 2, Week 9 yesterday so I'm going to need something too. I'm looking for something that doesn't take any extra equipment (so p90x is out) and I can do in my living room. I am very uncoordinated (I can't do the turning football runs in Insanity, I have to shuffle back and forth or risk breaking my ankle) so the dancing workouts are out.
    I was thinking about getting a treadmill and doing C25K and Pilates on the non-running days with 1 rest day.
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I would say to do Asylum. I just finished Insanity on Saturday. I am going to start Asylum on Wednesday. I can send you some information on it if you like. I think you would be going backwards if you did Hip Hop Abs or Rockin Body. I started my workout journey with Rockin Body. It is fun but not that hard or challenging. My friends are doing Hip Hop Abs right now and I have joined them but I don't get a huge burned. I guess what are you goals for after Insanity. You may want to try Shaun T new workout T-focus which will be 25 minutes non stop.

Julianne
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I would try Asylum or the T-25 workout but I want something relatively cheap (HHA and RB are $20) and FUN. Don't get me wrong, I think Insanity is "fun" but I want a workout that is so fun I'm not counting down the minutes till it's over, lol.
  • kristijean
    kristijean Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    TURBO FIRE!!!! Sorry I get excited when people ask....lol it is my absolute favorite with the intensity of Insanity, well pretty close. We all know INsanity is INSANE. Turbo Fire is so much fun and I got incredible results! Let me know if you have any questions =)
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm doing HHA and RB currently and love them =). I'm seeing good results and working my way up to Insanity haha. For the price they are amazing and imo they are waaaay better than anything JM.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity. It was a great break in program for me, but it messed up my knees a little and I was ready to do something else when I finished. Round about week six it just becomes tedious (in my experience and that of my friends') and you'll probably want to rethink doing it twice once you get to that point.

I suggest doing something lower impact. Maybe start lifting heavy to train your muscle. That's what I did, and I absolutely love my progress.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I jsut started week one of phase 2 yesterday! woot!! I'm going to do Les Mills Combat after this and then potentially another round of Insanity or maybe order Asylum...not sure yet.
  • gmiker
    gmiker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    TurboFire is a great follow-up workout to Insanity. It will give you some recovery while still getting a vigorous workout and with great variety. We are in week 13 of 20. I have dropped 22 lbs. I am using BodyMedia Link, MyFitnessPal for food, and TF. I have a ToughMudder event coming up in June and believe that TF has helped prepare. I will start the TM specific workouts this weekend.
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting Les Mills Combat (LMC) the first week of June. I've done Insanity a couple of times (not back-to*back), P90X, P90X2, ChaLean Extreme, RushFit, and am currently training for a 1/2 marathon using a variety of DVDs from these workouts on my crosstraining days.

I've heard that LMC is like Insanity meets kickboxing and that the workouts have good variety with great calorie burns! I'm looking forward to it and to not doing all of this running!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of T25. I just signed up for the mailing list when it's released. I like Insanity but an hour (or more) a day in the last month is a bit much. My husband is stuck with more than his share of housework because I'm sweating my tuchis off (literally) in the living room. 25 minutes is completely reasonable.
    In the meantime I'll get the treadmill and start C25K. Husband swears he'll do Pilates with me a few days a week but he's never actually done a Pilates workout so we'll see how that goes.
    Does anyone know anything more about T25? How many workouts? How long is the program?
  • neashamoore
    Options
    Turbo Fire!!! I have absolutely loved this series of workouts and I HATE working out. I do that with the ChaLean Extreme DVD's which has been amazing! Its a Hybrid of the two workout DVD's, so there's no getting bored because its different type of exercise every day. Love Love Chalean Johnson.
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have added in BBL for some bum toning. I would love to try T25, but that won't be out for a while and I don't know cost. I just ordered TurboFire and can't wait to try that.