Pizza alternative :)

Options
Janey142
Janey142 Posts: 50 Member
Had SUCH a craving for pizza tonight and with only 520 cals left I didn't want to let myself down. So I put mozzarella on a peice of toast with 3 thin chorizo slices and boom.. 228 cals later i'm over my craving with cals to spare for a weight watchers brownie dessert!

Just checking.. my scale read 30g mozzarella and it was about half a standard mug full- grated. Does this seem right? They are manual scales so a bit wary though they are normally reliable.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I know that 28g of shredded cheddar cheese is a big handful for me, and it's 1/4 cup. I'd say half a mug is probably more like 50g (I think one cup is one mug). Seriously, spend the $20 and get a better scale ;)

I love English muffin pizzas personally. Half an English muffin, one tablespoon of pizza sauce, a little bit of mozarella, 5 minutes in the toaster oven... Really good (I like to add a bit of gorgonzola too).
  • Janey142
    Options
    ha $20 is a lot to a student like me xD

Nah joking I will get one definatley, and just in case, I have adjusted the calories to i used 50g. Still 314 cals is not too bad :)

Thanks for the help!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Some of the thin crust frozen pizzas are only like 400-500 cals for half a full size pizza.
  • Janey142
    Options
    hmm I might have a look at that!
  • purpleprose78
    Options
    Thin crust is the way to go. I've been able to eat a whole pizza and still be under my calories on days that I've exercised. (Granted, my calories are set for a .5lb weight loss so they are higher than some and those days were really good to me exercise wise.)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    There was a post on the Recipe boards a while ago that had a recipe that was for mini pizza's made on top of sliced eggplant instead of dough. I made it, and it was delicious! Definitely worth the try if you like eggplant and pizza :) I posted a picture of mine in the thread, maybe you can go "Search" for the eggplant crust pizza and scroll through the thread to find it.

It was soooo good! I thought my fiance wouldn't be too fond of it, but he actually loved it.

I found the thread for you if you wanted to check it out:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/895821-flourless-eggplant-pizza?hl=eggplant+crust&page=2#posts-13638515
  • amynicole0410
    Options
    I use portabella mushroom caps as mini pizza crusts. SO good and under 30 cals. With toppings, I can make a pretty good one easily under 200 calories, total.
  • thefewsteps
    thefewsteps Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    vitatops pizza or corn tortillas with toppings.