Question...

Options
HOOVEY17
HOOVEY17 Posts: 59 Member
If my BMR is 1600, is this how many calories I should be eating plus my excercise calories? I have been eating 1200 plus my excercise calories??

Replies

• HOOVEY17
    Options
    If my BMR is 1600, is this how many calories I should be eating plus my excercise calories? I have been eating 1200 plus my excercise calories??
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    What they have told me is that you subtract a calorie deficit of 500 calories from your BMR for baseline weightloss calorie intake...then you also comsume the calories you earn from exercise.
  • HOOVEY17
    Options
    Ok, thanks!! I was wondering cause that would be too many calories!
  • HOOVEY17
    Options
    Ok, thanks!! I was wondering cause that would be too many calories!
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options

Yes, you are correct. Your BMR is the amount of energy it takes to run your body - pumping blood, breathing, things like that. It's what you'd burn if you laid in bed all day without moving. Going below this number consistently will slow your metabolism and you'll stop losing, so don't do that. The difference between your BMR and the energy you burn in a day (for me it's about a 250 calorie difference) is an acceptable deficit. But eat your exercise calories too!