can anyone tell me why im so hungry today???

Options
ok i talk alot first off..so sorry if i ask dumb questions on here..lol today i am soo effin hungry...i havent felt this way since i first started...soooo why am i so damn hungry?? i mean i have worked out more this week than usual..meaning twice a day instead of once...but can that make u hungry?? and if so why am i hungry today and not yesterday...has this happend to anyone else??

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    More workouts can definitely make you hungry. Make sure you are consuming at least 1200 calories/day and try to keep your levels of protein and fiber high. If your body is hungry, you should fuel it, just make wise choices. :flowerforyou:
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    That was me yesterday!!! I have been at this for about 3.5 weeks and yesterday I was the hungriest I have been...I was also wondering WHY? I was starving! I ate extra but only went 25 calories over my max BUT I have not been eating my max usually 100-200 under my max.
  • jeanineadele
    jeanineadele Posts: 114
    Options
    I had a couple of bad days so I took my dog for a 2nd walk. By the time I got back I had forgotton about food and I was to hot and sweaty to feel like eating.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Same as what Amy said: I've been working out extra hard lately and have been ridiculously hungry all the time. But, all my clothes are looser (and they're not just stretched out since I've worn 2 different tops for work I bought 1 a year ago & 1 4 years ago that I'd never worn before, and both fit well & were a little loose :smile: ). I've been going over my cal count, but whatever is happening is GOOD! You body being hungry may also be it's way of telling you that you're missing some vital nutrients & minerals: you might want to change up some foods for healthier alternatives and add additional lo-cal snax in the AM & PM.
    You're doing something right though, when your metabolism speeds up your body registers hunger when you're actually hungry, not just when you're board :happy:
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone, eat a healthy snack (veggies) and drink plenty of water even if you go over your calories by a little it will be okay. Sometimes our bodies need a little more calorie intake especially if your working out x2 a day, your metabolism is speeding up and burning more than your used to. =)
  • chrit4u
    chrit4u Posts: 34
    Options
    Metabolism working faster!!!
  • sparis88
    sparis88 Posts: 30
    Options
    More workouts can definitely make you hungry. Make sure you are consuming at least 1200 calories/day and try to keep your levels of protein and fiber high. If your body is hungry, you should fuel it, just make wise choices.

I agree! If you get hungry eat a healthy snack, like a yogurt and make sure you are drinking plenty of water and try to stay near your calorie goal. The more you burn, the more you are fueling your metabolism
  • gingerra19800
    Options
    thank u guys so much i was goin nuts over here ...i felt crazy tellin my tummy to "chillax women"...but ok makes sense I am REALLY hungry..lol..and not bored!! i need to go food shopping for healthier snacks..cuz w0w!..lol!!:tongue:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary for the last few days and your deficits are great big! I will sort of cycle through three or four high-exercise-but-not-really-that-hungry-so-my-deficit-is pretty-big days and then whammo! my metabolism says "alright! feed me!"

I find no problem with having a higher calorie day every three or four days, providing my portions and my choices are still within reason. Also, I find I have a few "three squares a day" days followed by "sort of hungry all day" days.

Other reasons abound: less sleep, hormones, activity level (maybe not exercise but activity during your day) is higher. Lots and lots of reasons.

HTH.:flowerforyou:
  • kamadon
    kamadon Posts: 4
    Options
    I had one of those days this week and it makes it rough. Had to go to bed early just to avoid being foolish. I make sure I get enough fiber in the morning and that seems to help - I also doubled up on my vegetables that day and it got me through with only being a little above goal by the end of the day.

Make sure you get all your calories when you are working out so much - especially protein before your workout for stanima. complex carbs after - when you body is looking for energy to keep you going.

Enjoy those workouts!!!
  • gingerra19800
    Options
    yea i had to increase my workouts cuz i had reached a plateau...but i thank ya'll alot..its nice to kno im hungry for a reason... :wink: