Where are you with your goals?

Options
One year ago around this time - I made a promise to myself that I was going to be happy and healthy with myself and my body. My goal was to lose a significant amount of weight but that didn't happen. I am my own excuse and I am my own happiness. So its time to stop blaming everything else for my downfalls and start owning them. I always said there is no use in making promises you can not get even if it is to yourself. Well time for me to live by my own words. Time to take it one step at a time and move forward!

Replies

• rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Your refreshing/realistic attitude toward taking control back is great. I can almost feel an energy shift in your post. I think it's easier to do it with accountability. That is why my food diary is open to my friends and why I added friends to begin with.

(i have been doing this for less than a month)
    I have not seen results as strong as i would have expected, but I am grateful that it isn't soo hard that I would be unable to stick with it long term. The mfp journey seems to be easy enough to adapt new habits.
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    One year ago I wanted to get back to my highschool weight and I did. My mistake was that I stayed at 1200 for months and didn't exercise. Now I have a fitness goal instead of a weight one because the no. on the scale doesn't reflect how good you look naked, trust me :D
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    36lbs sounds like a great achievement to me!! You should be quite proud of that loss!! While it may not be the number you were wanting to see after 1yr...... don't forget the little accomplishments. This is a marathon - not a sprint!!!

Find ways to motivate yourself. Little sticky notes in the bathroom, notes on the fridge, notes in teh car..... as you said "you are your own excuse.....but you are your own happiness" what do you really want? Visualize and it wlll materialize!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU
  • jlwilliams80
    Options
    It feels so amazing to read all of your comments and to know that even though we are strangers we all are working on one goal; being healthy and happy. Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement, you have truly made me see the truth behind myself and brought tears to my eyes. One of the questions was, what do I want? I want to be healthy more than anything. The number is nothing but the way I feel when I get out of bed and walk up a flight up steps is what makes the difference. So again I say, thank you and I wish everyone (including myself) the best of luck with your own personal achievements.
  • Gunr2147
    Gunr2147 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    14lbs into a 31lbs short term goal and I hit my first ever brick wall. Trying so hard to break that 200lbs pound mark and make it into the 100's but damn....
  • jlwilliams80
    Options
    I know how you feel, I couldn't wait to break free of that 300 lb mark and when I did, man I felt amazing. Now being in the 200 lb weight bracket, I feel like I've it not only a brick wall but a stone fence. One thing that I learned from all of this is focus on the feeling not the numbers.