Here we go again

Options
Hi everyone...brand new here, but not to the weight loss scene. Lost 25 lbs. after my hysterectomy in 11/09. I stopped paying attention to my portions and watching what I put in my mouth and boom, I've gained back 14 lbs! :( I'm trying to stay positive, but I am discouraged.

This is a wonderful site...looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Replies

• chalayne
    chalayne Posts: 16
    Options
    I know how you feel! You'll love MFP. It's a great tool!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Welcome! Hope this helps you find great success with your goals :bigsmile: It's an awesome site!
  • 2wanda
    2wanda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I recently lost 20 lbs here on MFP. But, now, after a couple of great months, I'm floundering.
    Like most of us, I can do well when I'm motivated. But I struggle with staying motivated.
    How do people maintain their motivation, or better yet, get re-motivated?
  • heatypablo
    heatypablo Posts: 221
    Options
    Welcome!

@2wanda - Every single day I browse through the Success Stories posts and read them for motivation and inspiration. I also will go to YouTube and watch some of the before and after weight-loss videos. That's been helping me stay focused.

Also, a friend of mine said something funny the other day and it's kept me on my toes work-out wise the past few days:

"I hate working out but I hate being fat more." :)
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbie!

As for the motivation part of it.....it's not about how you feel, it's about setting priorities. It's a life thing, so it's gotta come from habit....good going all:flowerforyou:
  • claudzilla
    claudzilla Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is portion control. I eat "man sized" dishes...then go back for seconds! It's frustrating watching your hubby glom down food and your stuck "1/2 cup of this, a 1/2 a cup of that". :grumble: The first time I lost the weight, we did it together. He's not into it now. I'm hoping when I start to drop again it'll light a fire under his *kitten* and get him going! :laugh:
  • Patricia01
    Options
    Good luck you can do it....
  • Dawn_2013
    Dawn_2013 Posts: 170
    Options
    Well, in basic math (which I hate...) you are 11 pounds ahead. I have 40 lbs to go. I just started. So reclaim those lost 14 one-day-at-a-time like I have to... what is the alternative? Celebrate your successes. You have done GREAT!! I aspire to lose 25. I will use you as my inspiration. Keep me posted!! Thank you :)