Wii Workouts?

Options
Has anyone had much success with these? Any pointers or recommendations?

Replies

• shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Wii Just Dance.. there are 4 of them.. you get a great workout while having fun. And you can get your kids involved, if you have kids.

There are many other dancing games that are fun and burn tons of cals. Michael Jackson Experience is another one I have.

I like the dancing games much better than the Wii Fit games, they dont get me sweating. I sweat tons with the dancing games.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I used wii games last year before my wii died, the games I used:

EA Sports Active 2.0
    Your Shape
    Wii Fit (it was fun and I loved the weight tracking part)
    Just Dance Games
    Gold's Gym Cardio (cardio boxing game)
    Zumba

Now I have an xbox kinect and have these games:

EA Sports Active 2.0
    Dance Central Games
    Your Shape FE: 2012

These are my main sources of exercise and I love doing them.
  • AnnetteNJ
    AnnetteNJ Posts: 29
    Options
    I have and love my Wii game. I have used the Sports game with the tennis, baseball, etc and I have lost weight. It is a great tool to get you started and if you don't feel like going to the gym or have a lot of time and want to squeeze in some cardio.
  • Fish_Fuzz
    Fish_Fuzz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I played the wii fit at home, and a couple of other wii fitness games. Do they work... to me it depends on what your goals are, in this case it did get my butt off the couch and make the muscles remember what they were suppose to do as far a core training goes. But I didn't get any major definition and pecks from it. If your just starting out doing ANYTHING is 100% gain from doing nothing.
  • SmashWhite85
    SmashWhite85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wii Just Dance.. there are 4 of them.. you get a great workout while having fun. And you can get your kids involved, if you have kids.

There are many other dancing games that are fun and burn tons of cals. Michael Jackson Experience is another one I have.

I like the dancing games much better than the Wii Fit games, they dont get me sweating. I sweat tons with the dancing games.

Awesome... I love dance workouts. Thanks!
  • SmashWhite85
    Options
    I used wii games last year before my wii died, the games I used:

EA Sports Active 2.0
    Your Shape
    Wii Fit (it was fun and I loved the weight tracking part)
    Just Dance Games
    Gold's Gym Cardio (cardio boxing game)
    Zumba

Now I have an xbox kinect and have these games:

EA Sports Active 2.0
    Dance Central Games
    Your Shape FE: 2012

These are my main sources of exercise and I love doing them.

Wow! And looking at your ticker, they do something right! Fantastic.
  • SmashWhite85
    Options
    I played the wii fit at home, and a couple of other wii fitness games. Do they work... to me it depends on what your goals are, in this case it did get my butt off the couch and make the muscles remember what they were suppose to do as far a core training goes. But I didn't get any major definition and pecks from it. If your just starting out doing ANYTHING is 100% gain from doing nothing.

Good and fair call.... I am looking for active heart and sweating... for days I don't want to do a P90 workout (I can't do the daily thing yet!) or go to the gym.