who is from texas...anyone can add me. just curious

Options

Replies

• jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    G-town (aka Galveston). Welcome! (I can't say howdy as I'm not originally from Texas!) :laugh:

I've never heard Galveston referred to as G'Town. Now...I have heard of Georgetown as G'Town. Hmmmm! I learn something everyday, today I learned a dandy. After eating quite a few, I found out ex-lax wasn't candy.

Ewww, the Ex-Lax lesson is a tough one to learn but definitely a valuable life lesson. I think only people from Galveston refer to it as G-Town...and since most of them don't like to leave the island they've probably never heard of Georgetown!
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I miss Texas so much! :-) Born and Raised!

Grew up near Beaumont and studied in Denton!

Currently living in Hawaii :-)
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    G-town (aka Galveston). Welcome! (I can't say howdy as I'm not originally from Texas!) :laugh:

I've never heard Galveston referred to as G'Town. Now...I have heard of Georgetown as G'Town. Hmmmm! I learn something everyday, today I learned a dandy. After eating quite a few, I found out ex-lax wasn't candy.

Ewww, the Ex-Lax lesson is a tough one to learn but definitely a valuable life lesson. I think only people from Galveston refer to it as G-Town...and since most of them don't like to leave the island they've probably never heard of Georgetown!

I've seen some of the people on the island. Most have probably been there, just can't remember.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I miss Texas so much! :-) Born and Raised!

Grew up near Beaumont and studied in Denton!

Currently living in Hawaii :-)

You poor thing (insert sarcasm)...you have to live in Hawaii. Wanna trade places???
  • stefanieprice07
    stefanieprice07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Born in south Houston, graduated high school in The Woodlands, currently stationed in San Diego though. I still keep a "Come and Take It" flag in my living room!
  • badmojo108
    badmojo108 Posts: 72
    Options
    <== Austin
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Im not a Texan...but will be moving to Texas next month :)
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Anyone can become an American, you have to be born a Texan.

^^^AMEN^^^

Texas born, Texas bred, when I die, I’ll be a Texan dead! :drinker:

Just south of Houston (almost to G-town :wink: )
  • kimcatus
    kimcatus Posts: 27
    Options
    Hello fellow Texans! :flowerforyou: <--- Pretend that's a bluebonnet!

Houston here! Well, more like the Clear Lake area, but unless you're from Houston, you won't know where that is. lol I sure didn't until I moved here!! (I was "made" in Dallas, but then my parents moved to Kansas before I was born. That's child abuse, right?)
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    Anyone can become an American, you have to be born a Texan.

^^^^ #BOOM DFW, TX!!
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Houston here! :glasses:
  • certifiedsooner
    certifiedsooner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Tomball.......But born a SOONER!!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Just to let everyone know I have started a Texas MFP group if anyone would like to join:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10368-texas-mfp-s
  • elle2bee
    elle2bee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    DFW
  • straitcrzyMary
    straitcrzyMary Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am a misplaced Texan living in Utah..But Texas is always my home state...
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    DFW!
  • EAPTX
    EAPTX Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    DFW --- Plano!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I lived in Corpus 1997-1999; husband was in the NAVY and we were there for 2 years. I am from Houston area, born in Houston, raised in Pasadena. Momma lives on Lake Livingston now, all other family in and around Houston....Galveston, Texas City, Santa Fe, Pasadena, Deer Park, LaPorte, Friendswood, League City, Heights, Conroe, Spring, Crosby, ****inson, Madisonville. Currently reside in Mississippi, heart remains in TEXAS!
  • lwhite0503
    lwhite0503 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Born and raised just south of Lubbock. Currently in Alaska though. Welcome any new friends!!
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm in DFW as well. :)