If every day were like today...

Options
aj7x
aj7x Posts: 84 Member
You know at the end of the day after you feel really good about your eating and exercise for the day and you close out the entry in your food journal; it always says If every day were like today... you would weigh X lbs in 5 weeks? How accurate do you all think this is? I have been feeling really good about this lifestyle change and then I see that number every night and it makes me feel a little down. Healthily, you can loose 2 lbs a week so in 5 weeks I would hope to be 10 pounds less but mfp usually tells me ill only loose 2-3 pounds in 5 weeks based on 1 day of eating/exercise. What do you all think?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It's just an estimate and generally not very accurate.That's just my experience anyway.
  • lattarulol
    lattarulol Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Since I've been logging for awhile and losing weight consistently I went back 5 weeks and compared my weight now to what it said before. I lost less than it said I would and I rarely went over my base (only once over base + exercise). So don't put too much stock in it.
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    I started marking down what it said on my iphone calendar to review how accurate it was.... it as really far off. So I wouldn't worry bout it too much!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I used to write down what it said, and it was never even close. One day is not like any other day (for me).
  • kevinrbarger
    kevinrbarger Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the every day like today thing is incredibly inaccurate. You would have to eat the exact same foods in the exact same amounts and do the exact same exercise every day for 5 weeks. You would probably shoot yourself before being able to weigh yourself after those 5 weeks.
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I actually tried it, or attempted to try it. Made it 3 weeks. I can safely say that prediction is a damn lie.
  • jaybird90
    jaybird90 Posts: 18
    Options
    I just searched for a post on this to check others opinions - good to see it's not just me who thinks this!

I find it inaccurate mainly because on the days where I exercise (but then I might eat back a lot of those calories with chocolate - putting me over sugar and fat) it will tell me that I'd weigh LESS than a day where I didn't exercise but was extremely healthy and didn't go over any of the categories. One day it even told me that when I'd input all the cake I'd had for a birthday party, it said I would weigh less than a day I'd eaten healthy! That in itself is clearly flawed and would even put you off eating healthy if it were true, haha.

So definitely ignore it!
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    Complete and utter bull****.
  • Lkoblara
    Lkoblara Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    if it was accurate I'd be at my goal weight by now :(

The disappointment can go both ways I guess.
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Lies. All lies.
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    I don't think it's accurate. It basically fusses at me that I am starving myself (under calorie goal- not by much) then proceeds to congratulate me by saying ill be x amount by a certain time. I know what they were trying to do with that feature, but i don't think its working as planned.
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i used to pay attention to it but now i totally ignore it. i don't find it very accurate OR encouraging.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hasn't worked for me either. But I've been stalled for a month now. At least maintaining, though!
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I love it when it lies to me. I feel so sexy.