Interval training

Options
I have a 2 year old so I only have about 30 minutes a day to fully commit to excercise. I'm having a really hard time losing any weight. I have been running 5k's and it takes me the whole 30 minutes. I've heard however, that interval training will help you lose more weight. Instead of running an even pace the whole time, would it help it I ran faster for a while and then walked? If so, what kind of pattern should I use?

Replies

• avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I walk for four minutes and run as fast as I can for one.

I lost the first 30 pounds just walking and another 15 doing intervals.
  • AprilEubanks1988
    Options
    HIIT does amazing things. Builds up your cardio and helps burn fat.
  • tarnyacarrier
    tarnyacarrier Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    There are many exercises you can do in HIIT routine. Try doing burpees (10) Mountain climbers (10) fast squats (10) and then rest for 30 seconds. Repeat until you've gone for 15 to 20 minutes :) You could do 5 minutes of that routine then change it up to High Knees (10 seconds) jumping Jacks (20) jump lunges (10) after 5 minutes move on to the third routine of (10) plank jacks (10) crunches (10) side skaters

So you'll do the first group of exercises while resting for 30 seconds in between for a total of 5 minutes the move on to the second group of exercises resting for 30 seconds in between for a total of 5 minutes and then move on to the last set of exercises resting for 30 seconds in between for 5 minutes and you're done :) then you can do this while your son is home....have him try some exercises with you :) my daughter loves trying my exercises! Or do it while he is eating or napping!

Later in the day you can take him on a 30 minute walk pushing him in the stroller!! That would make a great workout!