1600 calorie folks

Options
I saw a post about is my body in starving mode and a guy suggested going to scoobys workshop to access my calories. I had been eating 1300-1400 calories according to scoobysworkshop I am to eat 1,694

I am 5"4 inches tall

currently 180 pounds

38 years old

I put me as moderate work out I work out 5 days a week for 25 minuets

I would like to talk to those who are about this amount to see how eating this way has helped them what results I can come to expect. my goal weight is 125 pounds to return to the weight I was at before I gained.

I am starting to change my eating habits opened my diary to public I don't have my macros set at present I want to focus on eating my proper calories. would love to some help and advice as I begin this eating properly.

Replies

• Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My calories are set to 1600 and macros are 40, 30, 30. I believe my diary is open so have at it. Sorry, that its only been consistent as of a wee bit ago. Feel free to add me as a friend for support!
  • MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    Options
    I am supposed to eat around 1700 but I usually hit 1500-1600.

Feel free to view my diary.

I also eat completely clean and am gluten free. My meals are pretty blan though, usually fish and rice for lunch.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    The important thing, certainly, is to make sure that you are hitting your calorie goal. If worrying about the macros is too much for you at the moment, then you can forgo it, initially, but you should try to focus on the macros a bit more when you feel ready.

Getting enough protein will make a difference in your appetite and your cravings.

I have found that sticking with about a 2:1 ratio for carbohydrate gram to protein grams, and about a 2:1 ratio for protein grams to fat grams has worked for me.

On a diet of 1650 calories this breaks down to 200g carbohydrate, 100g protein and 50g fat.

I also try to make sure that I get a good amount of protein at breakfast (25-30g) and at lunch (again another 25-30g) and this gets me through until dinner without feeling like I want to snack all day.

I started out at 186.5 pounds eating around 1600 calories and walking less than twenty minutes a day. Now I am 146 pounds and consistently walk over 15000 steps a day (about sixty minutes a day on average) and my current goal is just under 1700 calories.

I hope that this helps.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this helps, but I'm 30, weigh 242, 5'8 (am down 10 pounds as of this post) and work out 4 days a week with 1600 calories. Macros are 10C/25P/65F