Diary Critic / help/ advice welcome

Options
wffolkes
wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
Anyone care to look at my food diary and offer any nutritional advice??

My RMR is 2020
My TDEE 2952
TDEE -20% - 2361

Replies

• AmyaMamaw
    AmyaMamaw Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just glanced at your diary and it seems to me that your sugars are on the high end. As I am not expert, I think that might be a hurting factor. I know that I myself have gone over on my sugars and I can now tell a difference in the way I feel on the days I do go over. I hope this helps in some way!
  • wffolkes
    Options
    Mostly due to fruit an a teaspoon of honey for breakfast.

Thanks for the observation.

Just curious for feedback.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    It all looks pretty good to me - one thing that does leap out is that a lot of your entries for chicken, burger patties and chips (Nandos and others) have sodium levels at zero, which is highly unlikely, so you may be eating more salt than you realise.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I would definitely try to get in more fruits and veggies, but otherwise, it's not too bad. I only looked at a couple days, but awesome job on mostly hitting your protein goal
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    You're asking a pretty broad question. What are your nutritional priorities? There is a huge variety of opinions on MFP as to what makes a good diet. You may get advice to reduce sugars, reduce overall carbs, increase fat, reduce fat, cut out the processed and/or "unclean" foods, don't eat whole eggs, eat more meals, stop drinking your calories, cut down on sodium, cut out the red meat, cut out the dairy etc etc. Obviously, not all of those things will matter to you. What are your goals?

I think it looks pretty good on the whole. Looks like you're getting plenty of protein (depending on your stats). If it was me, I'd be checking those sodium levels more closely as some of your items are clearly not showing their correct sodium value. Some of the zero levels will definitely be wrong, and there's no way that 140 g of Sainsbury's - Chicken Tikka Breast Chunks has only 1 mg of sodium. People often miss out sodium when adding entries, or enter it wrong. (eg. a product may be labelled as having 0.1 g of sodium per 100 g, and people enter that as 0.1 mg into MFP)

If you're going for maximum accuracy, 'd be wary of entries like "Generic - Chips (Deep Fried), 1 serving", unless that's your own custom entry. What's "1 serving"? I know you have to estimate sometimes, but if you can, at least weigh the portion you're having. Also - "lunch salad" - is that your own entry? If so, cool. If not, salads vary wildly, so that could be an area to look at.

If it was me, I'd also be tracking fibre and some micronutrients. That's just what I'm interested in though. :smile:
  • wffolkes
    Options
    @JesterMFP

Thanks so much for taking the time to have a little peek.

It is a very broad question however I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for the sodium tip, I do try to get the most accurate food nutritional information but things like that i've missed make all the difference.

Lunch salad is my own creation but yes generic chips deep fried could be more accurate.

@Youngdoc2b - I definitely need more Veg
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i agree with the other posts, looks pretty good but could do with a bit more fruit & veg.

good use of peanut m&ms!! and the fried egg sandwich!