NROLFW success?

Options
jessica182517
jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
I just ordered the book from amazon should be here soon :) I tried to search this topic but didnt really find any result or before and after posts mostly just questions. I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to share thier progress/success stories tips or pictures? I still have about 50-60 lbs left to lose i know this program isnt really for weight loss its for building muscle and losing bf% :) but if anyone did NROLFW starting off with a big ammount of weight left to lose i would love to see your results :) Also i have NO access to a gym at all i live in rural alaska so the closest gym is about 4hrs away :( so i will be doing this all at home if you have any tips for me please share i have no idea what all im going to need all i have right now are adjustable dumbbells.

Replies

• MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Bumping I'm curious too!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    This program can be done at home but you will need some equipment. The book does have suggestions for alternatives when needed.
    This group could probably help you with questions:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w
  • lilvonne80
    lilvonne80 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    there is a NROLFW board on here, as well as a FB page, I would check out the FB page, there are tons of stories and pictures, on there
  • jessica182517
    Options
    Thanks :) I have one more question i just thought of, should i do another workout program something like 30ds or something similar in addition to NROWL to lose the extra weight or would that be too much?
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) I have one more question i just thought of, should i do another workout program something like 30ds or something similar in addition to NROWL to lose the extra weight or would that be too much?
    If you would like to add in some cardio that is fine but I don't think it should be anything with weights, you will get plenty of that with NROL4W and your muscles will want to recover.
  • jessica182517
    Options
    If you would like to add in some cardio that is fine but I don't think it should be anything with weights, you will get plenty of that with NROL4W and your muscles will want to recover.

Thanks :) I just want to lose the extra weight in addition to lifting and getting more toned just dont want to do too much at once and get hurt or overdo it and see crappy results lol
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've just bought NROL4W and will also be doing it without a gym. I'm in the middle of 30DS and going to do NROL4W when I've finished shredding. I've got at least 35lbs to lose so if you want to add me as a friend and we can compare notes that would be great. So far all I have is 20kg dumbells and a mat haha. Haven't even got a barbell yet and am looking on ebay for a bench. I'm in Liverpool, England :)
  • mindovercakes
    mindovercakes Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have been thinking about lifting a lot lately. And this book has popped up in quite a few boards here and I think I'd like to give it a go, but probably won't be for a bit, and I can also do it at home only. I'm currently doing Ripped in 30 plus running 3 times a week - have a race in 14 days and am noooowhere near ready! So don't want to overdo it by cramming something else in. Plus, I think the book will have to be shipped from the States, so it may take a while to get to the other side of the pond.

But I'm looking forward to seeing how you gals get on with the program. :smile:

Anna x
  • Shtallionchick14
    Shtallionchick14 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've posted a few success stories on my blog: www.losingatlosing.blogspot.com

I am not finished with it yet, but most of the time, I love the program! Feel free to add me!
  • Shtallionchick14
    Shtallionchick14 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    As far as keeping cardio, technically I should tell you the book tells you not to. But for me, I need to keep my running up, so I typically run around a 5k on my off days.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!! I'm doing it right now!! Phase 1 work 6b Wednesday. Here's a small list of what u will need, swiss ball, barbell with weights, i use a standard barbell (that's what came with my bench set) and a set of adjustable dumbbells would be handy and a "step up" box, i use a step stool my mom made me. I like the work outs, I'm open to friends!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!