Super Busy

Options
tjolenee
tjolenee Posts: 20 Member
So, I have two part-time jobs, a few occasional side jobs, and I'm a full-time student. I'm super busy, but I try fit in short little work outs of stretching and calisthenics before work and after work, and I try to walk/jog at least a mile (usually two or three) five times a week.

Is that even productive? My calorie count says I never burn more than 100 or so calories, which I feel like isn't even worth it. And my when I time my jogs and runs, my MPH is technically a "Walking Pace", which I don't think is fair because I sweat and my heart rate is up. Does my height affect that at all?

Replies

• FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Being only 5'2", and a pretty slow runner, I am usually in that "super fast walking" pace too. I instead use a GPS type app on my phone that calculates how fast I am running, my distance, and it has my weight and such in it. It tells me how many calories I burn on my run and I tend to go by that more so than what myfitnesspal tells me.
  • MobOfBricks
    MobOfBricks Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Since you do a lot of walk/jog/running I suggest you invest at a HRM so you can have a pretty good idea about how much you burn each time.
    If you are still not happy with the amount burnt, increase your pace.
    Keep it up!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Most people are "super busy". You just have to drop the excuse of busy and make time. Sorry to be blunt, but it's true. I am a mother of two who works fulltime outside the home at a fairly stressful job. I'm lucky to have decent, regular hours, but there is the occasional requirement for a weekend, or a middle of the night, get up and come in now. My kids have extracurricular activities, and I do like to be able to actually have a conversation with my husband from time to time. So, I drag my butt out of bed at 4:30 and workout while my kids are sleeping (husband is at the gym at that time). We all have some time we can put it in, if it means that much to us.

That being said, squeezing in 10-15 minutes here and there, when you can is much better than nothing, right? So, if that's what you have time for, then do it, and be consistent.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    5 times 100 is 500