Tone it Up results ans opinion?

Options
Who has tried Tone it Up and what did you think? I am looking for a plan (diet and fitness) to do at my college. I was thinking Jillian Michaels and a different plan for food, or Tone it up, but TIU costs alot of money. Ideas or suggestions?:

Replies

• LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Have you tried going to the college's workout center? They often have a list of exercises to do for a complete workout. You can also sign up for a gym class and get credit for the workout! My college offers a variety of classes from Zumba, yoga, and weight training, to martial arts and kick boxing. You can also join one of the campuses fitness clubs. Try fencing, tennis, dance... find something that interests you and join up! Joining clubs looks good on a resume too!
  • Jocccelynnn
    Options
    I belong to Tone It Up and get the vegetarian nutrition plan. I like it but haven't really used it as much as I should for the price. I did do Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD last year and there is a free meal plan that comes with it.. I did that and lost 35 pounds, it was awesome! That meal plan really is designed to only last you a limited amount of time, but the Tone It Up one is constantly updated with new recipes
  • Briarrose6
    Briarrose6 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I feel like their plan is not practical at all. I do much better with Jillian Michaels and now Bob Harpers book, Skinny Rules.
  • Briarrose6
    Briarrose6 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Who has tried Tone it Up and what did you think? I am looking for a plan (diet and fitness) to do at my college. I was thinking Jillian Michaels and a different plan for food, or Tone it up, but TIU costs alot of money. Ideas or suggestions?:

On the fence about Tone it Up. You would get the same results getting a clean eating book from the library like Tosca Reno's book. You can still get fitness from their free YouTube videos.
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the Tone it Up community, and there's a lot of recipes for free on there! I personally think the nutrition plan is too expensive, the only difference between finding the recipes online and purchasing the plan is they give you a shopping list... You can google almost any recipe and add the words "clean eating" to it, and it'll give you a great healthy recipe for you to try :)
  • shellybelly1976
    shellybelly1976 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't want to buy the whole program, but I would love to try the 7 day slim down. I've found plenty of people's blogs where they have posted some of the things they've eaten during the time and what exercises they have done. I also found someones breakdown of what they think is most of the 7 day slim down from the research they did searching around online. So I'm curious for those of you who have the whole plan how accurate the information is that this girl posted. It doesn't give any recipes aside from a few when it suggests a lean protein and veggies for a meal. Just curious if in the actual plan it gives any other recipes for the other meals during the 7 day slim down. I have 5 pounds to go for my goal weight (at least what I want to get to for a weight I know I can maintain). I'd love to give the slim down a try. Can anyone help me out with the info below?

- Workout 2x / day (AM & PM)
    - Drink Meta-D (Recipe, see below) every morning before your morning workout.
    - Take your weight, divide by two and drink that much water in ounces a day.
    - No alcohol, processed/packaged foods. Coffee only if black. No salt, sweeteners, or anything like that.

Legend:
    - Lean & Green = Lots of veggies with a lean protein.
    - Green & Fruit = Lots of veggies with one piece fruit
    - Green = Lots of veggies
    - Slimdown Scramble = Recipe (see below)
    - Slimdown Pancake = Recipe (see below)
    - Slimdown Smoothie = Recipe (see below)
    - Protein Shake = Recipe (see below)

7DSD - Day 1
    M1: Slimdown Scramble
    M2: 1/2 Grapefruit with 1/2 packet of Truvia sprinkled ontop
    M3: Lean and Green
    M4: Lara Bar, Kind Bar, ThinkThin Bar or other type of Protein Bar
    M5: Lean and Green
    M6: Plain Greek Yogurt with Stevia & Cinnamon sprinkled ontop

7DSD - Day 2
    M1: Slimdown Pancake
    M4: Lara Bar, Kind Bar, ThinkThin Bar or other type of Protein Bar
    M6: Greek Yogurt with Stevia & Cinnamon sprinkled ontop

7DSD - Day 3
    M1: Slimdown Pancake
    M4: Cut Veggies & Hummus
    M6: Unsweetened Tea

7DSD - Day 4
    M3: Green & Fruit
    M4: Slimdown Smoothie

7DSD - Day 5
    M3: Green
    M4: One Piece of Fruit

7DSD - Day 6
    M4: 1/2 C Berries

7DSD - Day 7
    M1: 1 Whole Grapefruit
    M2: Slimdown Smoothie
    M4: 1/2 Cup Berries

** Slimdown Scramble
    - 1/4 C Egg Beaters
    - 1 C Spinach
    - 1/4 C Chopped Tomatoes
    - 1/4 C Mushrooms
    - 1/4 TSP Mrs. Dash (no salt)

Spray non-stick cooking spray on skillet. Saute spinach and mushrooms in a little bit of water until the spinach is wilted and the mushrooms have turned a little brown; all the water will have evaporated too. Add tomatoes, then egg whites and mix it all up. Cook until it looks like it should - done! (About 3 minutes)

**Slimdown Pancake
    - 1/4 C Egg Whites
    - 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
    - 2 TBSP Vanilla Almond Milk or Skim Milk
    - 1 TSP Cinnamon
    - 1 TBSP Ground Flaxseed
    - 1/2 Mashed Banana
    - Handful of fresh or frozen Blueberries

Heat skillet over medium with a little bit of cooking spray in it. Mix everything together and pour in skillet. Cook one side until you see little bubbles, then flip and cook the other. Top with two sliced strawberries and powdered Stevia (both optional).

** Meta-D
    - 1 C Water
    - 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
    - 1/2 C Apple Juice - PURE! NO additives!
    - 1/4 TSP Cinnamon
    - Pinch of Cayenne Pepper

Mix it all together!

** Slimdown Smoothie
    - 1 Scoop Vanilla or Chocolate Protein Powder
    - 1/2 C Unsweetened Almond Milk
    - 1/2 C Water
    - 1/2 C Ice
    - 1 TSP Ground Cinnamon

Blend all together!

** Protein Shake
    - 1/2 C Water
    - 1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
    - 1 TSP Instant Coffee
    - 5 Ice Cubes
    Blend all together!
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    The Tone It Up plan has a tone of recipes (including the ones you need for the 7DS and the 5DS) and it updated whenever add recipes.
  • LittleDoodlePoodle
    LittleDoodlePoodle Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump for that plan layout.
  • Xhellokitty5588x
    Xhellokitty5588x Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump for the plan
  • KarRaw16
    Options
    The outline of the slimdown is semi-accurate but is missing quite a few major points and tips that are laced out in the plan. There is also a five day slim down that I find much more enjoyable in the plan. I strongly recommend purchasing the plan to get the full outline as well as being active in the community using social media. It has seriously changed my life and I find it completely worth it to invest the time and money in yourself. The recipes on the site don't specify the exact meals and what times you should be eating the recipes listed there and you get lifetime membership with all of the new additions if the plan. I bought mine in November and received 6 ir 7 different printable versions the tareq easily downloadable on phones, tablets, and computers as well with workouts and many recipes you can't find online.
  • pg014
    pg014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump