Just looked thru my success!

CudyBug
CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
I was feeling abit down thinking wow all this hard work and I lost alot but I still look so big. Maybe its just becuase its a week before TOM so I was just being emotional I dunno. Well I was washing dishes thinking about how right now Im pretty happy in life. We are still struggling to catch up from my husband being unemployed for almost 3 years but things are looking up and dispite owing a few people money I am pretty happy. It got me thinking about my measurements. I did not start measuring when I started losing weight. It never crossed my mind to do it untill a month or two later when I started to slow down my weight loss. I was at the time using a different website which I still use occasionally. So anyways I was looking at the report tool to see where my waste line was at. Well in mid May it was 2 inches larger then right now! WOW i mean 2 inches to some might seem little but to me thats alot. Then I looked at hips and WOW 3 inches off them suckers! 4 inches off the thighs which is amazing to me since Ive always had big thighs. I wanna be able to wear skirts wihtout the chaffing skin on my legs ya know.

Anyways I thought I would share my excitement with people who care and know what I am going through. I have lost 31 lbs since april 7th, My bday. Hopefully by my bday next year I will be either at or below my first goal. I can not wait.

Replies

• tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    I think it is great that you have lost that many inches and the weight! Sometimes, it is easy to see how far we have to go, and not even realize how far we have come. Great way to change your thinking!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Good for you!!!!!:smile:
  • twflorida
    twflorida Posts: 2
    Awesome job. I have been with MFP for two months now. I love it.

I have good days and bad. I have only lost 13 pounds so far.

I told my husband that this is the first time in a long time that I have not given up on myself. This time is different , I feel great.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Way to go with your success!!! :bigsmile: I'm the same way I can't see the results until I get discouraged and start let the lbs start creeping back ON. . .I sure can tell then. . .:frown:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    good for you. I can really relate to the struggles. I have been unemployed since May of 2009 and the stress is a killer. I work hard to lose weight and it is going really slow but there are changes, even though they are hard to see. You can do this. just keep plugging away.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    WOW you are doing great. You should be really proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    thanx for all the support.

I should add that Im happy to announce Im 1.2 lbs away from being halfway to my goal which is amazing to me. And today I was able to wriggle off my wedding ring! I havent been able to do that in about 5 years!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!