Dedicated this time...would love some support and tips

Options
My name is Jennifer. After having two kids, I have put on some weight that has been extremely hard to take off. I am 22 years old, but feel so depressed because of what my body has turned into. I dont have a whole lot of support in my weight loss journey. Or... at least I dont feel like I do.
I have always battled with my weightloss and have always been extremely self concious about my body.... trying to cover myself up as much as possible. I always feel inferior when in large groups, feeling like my body pervents me from being social.

MY BODY:
The most I have ever weighed is 190 pounds (which was not to long ago). The lightest I have ever weighed as an adult is 139. My body is very thick, with a medium/large frame. Heres the most horrible part of all... I am only 4'11. My biggest downfall on my body are my arms. My arms are extremly thick and chunky. I hate looking at them. I hate when summer comes for the simple fact that I cant cover up with long sleeves. My stomach is also bothersome for me. I am scared when I start loosing alot of weight, I will be left with flab.

MY HOPES:
To gain confidence... and A LOT OF IT!!!! To be able to wear a tank top in public without screaming in my head. To be active and healthy with and for my kids. To be attractive again... for me and for my husband.

MY FEARS:
Giving up.

I am always open to ANY suggestions, and am open for support from ANYONE. PLEASE, share your success stories, pictures, workouts and diets with me. I am here to soak it all up.

Replies

• wendygjc
    wendygjc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer

I totally can understand the self confidence thing as I also feel very alone and horrible about myself alot.

I have decided to also dedicate myself to feeling better and I know eating healthier and exercising is the key to that.

Feel free to add me as a friend, would love to help you and possible gain help in both of our journeys!
  • tcasanova13
    Options
    Hello Jennifer,

I am starting today also. I joined in October but have not used this program once.. I am ready to get started. I wish you the best of luck!
  • smattie33
    smattie33 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer I'm new here too and can totally relate to how your feeling, however I have only been doing this for about a month and already my mood is much better and I have more energy. Actually look forward to my exercise now and I never thought I would say that! Lol
  • zaneNicole2012
    Options
    Hey, Jennifer my name's jennifer as well! I totally understand how youfeel and would love to be ur friend here on mfp. I need all the support and motivation I can get myself! I also have two beautiful children I love with all my heart. Lets get back to our health together. Feel free to message me if you'd like to get to know me.
  • bobbinseed
    bobbinseed Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer welcome! The best advice I think I can give you is to just keep at it! Even if you have a screw up here and there you just gotta get back to it! I slipped a bit over the weekend but come Monday I was on it! I know it's hard to stay motivated sometimes especially when all your friends love to bake and bring you goodies! I think this time is going to be different for me bc I am changing my lifestyle this time not just cutting back my intake I am actually eating healthier foods and logging EVERYTHING! I think it really helps to look at the reports and see what you have been doing and weak areas.
    Just remember you can do it and keep moving!
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Just make friends I. mFP with people that are doing what your want to be doing... People that motivate and inspire you.

My biggest thing is to always remember that one small 'cheat' during the day, does not mean to make the whole day that way and say tomorrow! One cheeseburger didn't make you fast, so one salad won't make you thin!
  • KandyW02
    KandyW02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer! I completely understand where you are coming from. I, too, like to "hide" behind clothes because of the weight I've gained after having my two kids in the span of 2 years. I've recently started down the same journey and if you'd like, we can conquer this together! Please feel free to add me as a friend. I'd love to support/motivate/encourage you as much as I can!!
  • MarianneC93
    MarianneC93 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ah welcome Jennifer! I agree with what EVERYONE on here so far is saying. Just keep going - you can do this. The reasons you have given are fantastic and we all know you won't give up. You can't right? Well, for me it's make or break haha. I'm sick of feeling fat and unmotivated etc.

I've been on her now for over a month I think? And I feel great! I had some slip ups last week - I overate 2 days in the week and had far too much wine on the weekend. BUT I got myself to that gym today and after 2 hours I am feeling fab. I am back on it. Ate my recommended amount today and have just picked myself up and got back on it. You are going to slip up. But you don't have to turn that slip into a gigantic crash.

A few months of readjusting and re-educating yourself to have a lifetime of looking, feeling, and just being fabulous :) Best of luck in your journey!

P.s: If you ever find motivation waning then go on MFP community Motivational Pictures forums for inspiration to keep you going. As for the flab, I've looked at before and after photos on the forums and no one seems to have it. I think you'll be more than fine :) Go shed those pounds and inches girl!
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    Add me if yah like... I cant understand what ur feeling i have been and im back hoping not to feel that way after this one pops out :D
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Request sent :flowerforyou:
  • nicnicbell78
    nicnicbell78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it!
  • freebirdjones
    freebirdjones Posts: 237
    Options
    Hello :)

I love this website. I came on and started eating 1200 cals and read a lot about food being the body's "power" so I switched things up a little. Here is a link to a little info that helped me.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/983158-all-in-one-info-page-halp
    I lost some of the other msg board links I had. But this website is great and good advice is try and find some people to add, you can add me :) I find having people in my news feed orking well and eating well helps keep me motivated that other people are doing the same thing.

good luck =)
  • mkid102004
    mkid102004 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer,

Good luck with your goals. I'm 2 weeks into a fresh start on this program and the biggest difference it made to me this time was to reach out and add people and then commit to documenting everything, the good and the bad. I've already had a huge improvement in my fitness and in my mental approach to losing my weight. Being accountable to your new fit-minded friends will help you a lot.

And coming from someone old enough to be your father: you're already beautiful, just work towards becoming a thinner/fitter version of yourself. Don't let your weight ruin your self-image.

Mike
  • queenwildcat
    Options
    Welcome Jennifer! I have been a member for about four months. In that time, I have lost 51 pounds and earned SO much self-esteem. I have been heavy most of my life (much heavier than you), and I had tried lots of methods to lose the weight before. The key this time? I keep my intake within the recommended ranges, and I make sure to MOVE daily. I found exercise that I enjoyed at first (dance, walking, etc.) then progressed to other types as I felt more confident in my ability to manage (30DS, biking, etc.)

You CAN do this. We are all here to help...
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jennifer, this is your first step to a healthier life. We are all on here for support and motivation. I like how one post said you don't get fat off of 1 cheeseburger, and you won't get skinny on 1 salad. Allow us to see your diary and we can help you out.
  • Mamastar502
    Options
    Being around 200 and 5'2" pretty much my entire adult life (my heaviest was 245 and my lightest 160) I decided I'm not going to hide anymore. To H-E-double hockey sticks what the world thinks about the way I look, I will feel good about myself because I am making a better life for myself and kids by becoming healthy. It's not about the size of my clothes or the number on the scale it's about leading an active and healthful life. Yes i wear a bikini too :D
    After I had my kids 25 months apart (the youngest is 3) and then being diagnosed with Celiac Disease I had let myself go. I was depressed and miserable. I started 7/26/12 and I was doing well for awhile and then a back injury 10/31/12 set me back 5 months. I have been back at it since 4/15/13 and have lost 13.6 lbs. But more importantly I have lost 10" off my waist and now my kids can get their arms around me to give me a hug, that is a better feeling than buying new clothes. I am still in the same size clothes because I am replacing the fat with muscle through power-lifting and power yoga.
    I hope this helps inspire you to change the way you look at yourself.
    Add me if you like:flowerforyou:
    PS. My husband is loving the results too :D
  • milkydud85
    milkydud85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    we all have our issues and i hate my mid section too, but whatever you do do not give up... because all your gonna do it get wrse... i just found out when you do low intensity work out your burning more fat up to 60%... so i will aslo be puting low intensity in my workout espeacially up hills... dring a glass of water before every meal you can even put fruits in your water to give it some flavor... even lemon is benefical too.. small portion lean meat... olive oil, alot of berries any berries, turkey meat and stuff like that.. i believe i added you im here to support you... its not easy trust me i know... its easier to gain then to lose... we all can do it... :-)
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Requested :)