Water

Options
If I drink a cup of tea? I log it in my food intake...but can I also count it as a cup on my water intake counter? What about the Crystal Light powders etc, that you add to water?

Replies

• web816
    web816 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i think you could accurately log either of these as water (as long as the tea is unsweet). However, I personally only log plain water in my water log. I do drink tea and crystal light, but both have artificial sweeteners, which I try not to overdo. By only counting plain water, I end up drinking more of that and less artifically sweetened drinks! :)
  • frantim528
    frantim528 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I log my morning tea and crystal light as water. I usually don't like to drink plain water. I know I'm a horrible person. I've read differing opinions on this. Some say that any liquid counts to keep you hydrated. Others say that if it's caffeinated that you shouldn't count it. I guess I agree a little with the previous reply. If you don't count the questionable stuff you'll drink more. I've also noted when looking at friends diary entries that a lot of people don't log their water at all.
  • kpwilliams73089
    kpwilliams73089 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would log it as water. The same goes for those drink enhancers (MIO, etc.) My work's water supply is supposedly "filtered" but has quite the twang to it. I add in a shot of MIO with every bottle and it takes that aftertaste away. Good rule of thumb for water intake...Take your body weight, divide it in half and that's the MINIMUM number of ounces a day you should be drinking.
  • JayTeeEs
    JayTeeEs Posts: 36
    Options
    I have read that caffine dehydrates you, so my take would be anything with caffine in it should probably not be counted towards your water intake since the caffine is cancelling out the effects of the water. Of course i'm sure this varies depending on the amount of caffine in said beverage. Just my take on it.
  • Terrazasi
    Terrazasi Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I DID NOT want to hear that I have to drink plain water! LOL What you all said makes perfect sense and I pretty much already knew it- was just trying to fish for reasons to avoid it. Guess I can't count on you guys to help me cheat! LOL Good luck to you all.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    i log everything including w ater in the food part