Fairly stupid rant

Options
abyt42
abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
It's 5:30. I have 1299 calories left today, if I eat my exercise calories. And I'm not hungry. I know I need to have dinner, and probably within the hour, to stave of the late night munchies (and to keep myself from going into starvation mode and hanging onto the weight I'd so desperately like gone), and I just don't wanna.

So, it's salad or a sandwich or a burrito. Or oatmeal. And they all sound equally appealing, or repellent....

Perhaps one day won't put me over the edge and make me gain weight. And, I could always eat a sandwich later.... but I'm afraid that if I get hungry, I won't make a good choice.

I'm just going to decide that I will make a good choice, and not worry about eating tonight if I don't wanna. (I always tell my kids they're free to stop eating a meal, or not eat something if they're not hungry. Perhaps I'm just resetting to what I need?

Replies

• Angelgranny2007
    Options
    Yep, I have that problem pretty often too. :flowerforyou:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    That "happy plate" can kill ya....

I vote for oatmeal with cinnamon, rasins, and milk....a side of buttered toast and juice will fill up a lot of your cals and keep your tummy from the munchies later tonight:)

Good going on reconsidering your meals & those of children:happy:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I would encourage you to try to eat something small, like a piece of fruit, 1/2 sandwich. That withstanding, another suggestion would be to prepare a healthy food choice and have it waiting such that if you do decide to eat later tonight, that is already for you! I don't think you need to stress over not eating your exercise calories one day; starvation mode takes a period of time, not a one time event, so you just don't want to develop a lengthy pattern. Just curious as to how many calories you are alloted a day and how many you earned from exercise. It may be that you need to focus on trying to eat more of your calories earlier in the day on a regular basis. Good luck to you on your continued journey!!! Wish I had 1299 calories left today!!!!
  • abyt42
    Options
    Just curious as to how many calories you are alloted a day and how many you earned from exercise. It may be that you need to focus on trying to eat more of your calories earlier in the day on a regular basis. Good luck to you on your continued journey!!! Wish I had 1299 calories left today!!!!

I start with 1200 calories, but added 418 with exercise today. Normally I exercise after dinner, but I had the time today before, and that may be what's thrown me off... I'm off to put a salad in the fridge with an "in case of emergencies" sign...

...and I logged it. Now, that's what I'll eat.

Thank you!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

And, I could always eat a sandwich later.... but I'm afraid that if I get hungry, I won't make a good choice.
    Sounds like the answer was right up in your question!:wink: Always good to plan when you're thinking clearly, then when you've waited too long and it's too late! Amazing how are mind gets all sorts of ideas then:ohwell:

It sounds like you already know the right thing to do for your body/mind:drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Just curious as to how many calories you are alloted a day and how many you earned from exercise. It may be that you need to focus on trying to eat more of your calories earlier in the day on a regular basis. Good luck to you on your continued journey!!! Wish I had 1299 calories left today!!!!

I start with 1200 calories, but added 418 with exercise today. Normally I exercise after dinner, but I had the time today before, and that may be what's thrown me off... I'm off to put a salad in the fridge with an "in case of emergencies" sign...
    "It's 5:30. I have 1299 calories left today, if I eat my exercise calories."

I'm now confused:noway: You have 1200 calories left to eat (plus if you chose to eat your workout cals it'd be another 418 more) right? Your daily allotment is 1200? So you haven't eaten any of them at all? Or did I miss something? I must have missed something surely you ate something today?
  • abyt42
    Options
    I"d 1299 left (instead of 1618)..... I had breakfast and a lunch-like-entity at work.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I"d 1299 left (instead of 1618)..... I had breakfast and a lunch-like-entity at work.
    oops, well it's past my bedtime. sorry, here I was all worried you hadn't eaten anything at all:noway: :flowerforyou:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    oops, well it's past my bedtime. sorry, here I was all worried you hadn't eaten anything at all:noway: :flowerforyou:

It's only 7:15 here and I came to the same conclusion YOU did, so don't feel bad!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • mistystover
    Options
    Well for me it's a little of the same I had about 600 exercise calories today. I did eat a good breakfast and lunch I also had a decent snack. I still had 700 calories left at the end of the day after dinner. SO I have decided on those major cardio days I just need to eat a bigger breakfast and lunch sounds like you also might need to up your intake on breakfast and lunch and get in snacks.