FLABBY BELLY HELP!!!

Options
silroxxx
silroxxx Posts: 62 Member
So im almost at my goal weight but my belly area fat just doesnt go anywhere
its so frustrating,I feel like I have tried very hard and it just doesnt seem to go away.
Is there any ab work outs that you guys recommend?
I have done millions of crunches and just doesnt work.
How do I get those summer abs :(

Replies

• MobOfBricks
    MobOfBricks Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    You are doing great!
    But..you are growing impatient...
    It s just a little more BF that has to be burnt.
    As has been stated many times, unfortunately we cant choose the BF part we wont to loose.
    Keep the good work and good things will come!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. A million crunches won't help. Continue to eat at a deficit and exercise, the belly fat will come off eventually.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is the first to be gained when you gain, & the last to go when you lose. So just work on continuing your weight loss. That said, friend of mine had the best waist/abs I'd ever seen. When asked what his secret was, it was very simple & something you can do all the time. He said that he just tried to pull it in as hard as he could at all times. I put a rubber band on my wristwatch wrist to remind myself to do it whenever I look at my watch. At first, it may bother your back, because it uses the muscles there, but then you get used to it. But it actually produces improvement pretty fast. It also helps you stand up straighter, which also makes you look slimmer. So give it a try & let me know how it works for you.
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is the first to be gained when you gain, & the last to go when you lose. So just work on continuing your weight loss. That said, friend of mine had the best waist/abs I'd ever seen. When asked what his secret was, it was very simple & something you can do all the time. He said that he just tried to pull it in as hard as he could at all times. I put a rubber band on my wristwatch wrist to remind myself to do it whenever I look at my watch. At first, it may bother your back, because it uses the muscles there, but then you get used to it. But it actually produces improvement pretty fast. It also helps you stand up straighter, which also makes you look slimmer. So give it a try & let me know how it works for you.
    I had a friend in high school who also did this!
  • Darla509
    Darla509 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did this in college also, why didn't I think of it again!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    They are called stomach vacuums and they can be effective.

But as the others said it mainly comes down to diet and lowered body fat.

Compound lifts like squats, walking lunges, deadlifts all involve the core as well.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. A million crunches won't help. Continue to eat at a deficit and exercise, the belly fat will come off eventually.

I agree. Really all you can do is lose more body fat and wait until it comes off of your abs. I'm still waiting :wink:
    Full body exercises (squats, dead lifts, presses) are great for the core. Core specific exercises I like are planks and hanging leg raises. Good luck!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Agree.

If you still have belly fat that you are not satisfied with, then you aren't at your goal weight/body fat percentage yet.

Keep losing weight and/or reducing your body fat percentage. Ab work won't spot reduce the fat from your midsection. It will give you a stronger core, so that's a plus. But you could have a strong core and still have fat covering it.

Strength training (compound lifts like deadlifts, overhead press, squats, etc) will help you reshape your body so it look like how you imagined it would at your goal weight.
  • MsAnnThropy
    MsAnnThropy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know your pain! I had success by accident with an exercise I got from a physiotherapist for my back (I have quite severe scoliosis). She had said strengthening my "core" would help with my back, which it did, but it also pulled in my waist a bit (as someone with almost NO waist I was very happy!).
    There are two of them, and I hope I explain them well enough for you to do without doing yourself an injury!
    You need one of those rubber / eleastic resistance bands so you can tie it round your knees.
    1) Lie o your back with your knees bent, feet to the floor and slightly apart, and with about a 90 degree angle between your thigh and shins. The band should be tied round your knees leaving about 8-12cm in between. Push the small of your back into the floor (you have to hold it like that throughout the repitions - which is the hard part for me cos of my spine) and slowly push outwards with your knees (as in, push them away from each other. They should strain against the band). Keep your back pressed into the floor at all times. Bring your legs slowly back towards each other (dont rush it) also still pushing the small ofthe back into the floor. Repeat 20 times.
    2) (the best one for your stomach). Lie on your back with the eleastic band thing around your knees again, and your knees only slightly apart. As with the previous one, your feet should be on the floor, knees bent at right angles. Again, push the small of your back into the floor and hold it like that. This time though, raise your legs towards your body (letting your legs drop slowly, but naturally as you draw your legs in. Stop when your thighs are at a right angle to the floor, then slowly raise your feet so they are level with your knees. Lower your feet slowly, then lower your thighs (so the same thing backwards). I find that one very hard, as you are lifting against the weight of your ow legs, but it really does work.
    Hopefully that makes sense anyway. Possible someone out there has made a youtube video but I dont know the name of the manouvre!
  • silroxxx
    Options
    I know your pain! I had success by accident with an exercise I got from a physiotherapist for my back (I have quite severe scoliosis). She had said strengthening my "core" would help with my back, which it did, but it also pulled in my waist a bit (as someone with almost NO waist I was very happy!).
    There are two of them, and I hope I explain them well enough for you to do without doing yourself an injury!
    You need one of those rubber / eleastic resistance bands so you can tie it round your knees.
    1) Lie o your back with your knees bent, feet to the floor and slightly apart, and with about a 90 degree angle between your thigh and shins. The band should be tied round your knees leaving about 8-12cm in between. Push the small of your back into the floor (you have to hold it like that throughout the repitions - which is the hard part for me cos of my spine) and slowly push outwards with your knees (as in, push them away from each other. They should strain against the band). Keep your back pressed into the floor at all times. Bring your legs slowly back towards each other (dont rush it) also still pushing the small ofthe back into the floor. Repeat 20 times.
    2) (the best one for your stomach). Lie on your back with the eleastic band thing around your knees again, and your knees only slightly apart. As with the previous one, your feet should be on the floor, knees bent at right angles. Again, push the small of your back into the floor and hold it like that. This time though, raise your legs towards your body (letting your legs drop slowly, but naturally as you draw your legs in. Stop when your thighs are at a right angle to the floor, then slowly raise your feet so they are level with your knees. Lower your feet slowly, then lower your thighs (so the same thing backwards). I find that one very hard, as you are lifting against the weight of your ow legs, but it really does work.
    Hopefully that makes sense anyway. Possible someone out there has made a youtube video but I dont know the name of the manouvre!

thank you for taking the time to reply!!! I will try this :)

Thank you all for your suggestions, and yes I think once I meet my goal weight I will worry about it for now I will try some of your Ideas.
    Its just so hard when your trying and see no results. I been doing weights and cardio also ab workouts for about 3 1/2 months
    and see no improvments.
  • silroxxx
    Options

wow
    ok I will do it :)
    I do need good posture anyway :)
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Ab work wont burn up ab fat. You are going to have to just burn fat to get rid of that belly. I don't know what your diet looks like, but that may be a good place to start. Best of luck. I know how frustrating it is.