food ideas

Options
i feel like i'm running out of food ideas and like i'm gonna end up quit eating the healthy foods because they are now becoming routine and boring! anyone got any suggestions?? i work a lot and barely have time to prepare meals everyday... any help at all thanks :)

Replies

• Meiya007
    Meiya007 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well what I keep hearing from everyone is to prepare your meals ahead of time. You pick one day, like sunday, and then make/plan out all your meals for the week. I don't know how effective it is personally since I've not done it myself but it's supposed to make it easier to make new and different meals and have ready meals which helps with people that don't have enough time. Hopefully you'll get people to tell you awesome recipes on here now.
  • somanyrhoades
    somanyrhoades Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    hmmm... time constraints are annoying, but you can work around them. As the previous poster said, maybe you could pick one day and do all your prep work and some cooking. For example, grill a bunch of chicken, then have it in a salad one day, with veggies and rice the next day, on a sandwich the next, in soup the next day etc. You can also cut up any vegetables that you plan on using the next few days ahead of time. Also, make lots of stuff at once. For example if you make vegetable soup, make double what you normally would and freeze the rest, then you have meals ready to go. There are also thousands of quick and easy recipes on-line. Also, invest in a crock pot! You can throw everything in, turn it on, go to work, and come home to a hot delicious meal without having to do anything. Also the simpler you keep your diet, the less time you will have to spend cooking. I cook every single night and 6 nights out of 7 I would say a whole delicious healthy meal only takes about 30 to 45 minutes. I work a lot too, and night shift, so I have to be in bed by 7 pm.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    look for sites like :
    Emily Bites
    Skinny Girl
    Skinnytaste
    Graze (for snacking n stuff)
    they all have some great recipes!
  • jesseviexo
    jesseviexo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions. im going to florida in 2 weeks so these next two weeks i really need to clean up my diet.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Open diary.. check out my stuff.. its' different and i change it up often..

also..

myfitnesspal/confuzzled4ever/blogs

My recipes are amazing :~) (well.. not mine really, but I have a ton of them in there.. it'll take you a looooong time to get through them all)