'Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess'

Options
Just bought the book 'The New Rules of Lifting for Women, Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess' Has anyone heard any good things about this book? It was highly reccommended on the web, but I was looking for some input from 'real' people.

Thanks!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am in my 5th week of stage 1 of this program and absolutely love it! I am already seeing small results and I have already gained strength which is a win-win to me. Feel free to friend me and there is also a board dedicated to NROL4W on here.
  • J_Dragonfly
    J_Dragonfly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to finish Stage 1. I also really love it, and incredibly lost almost 4 inches overall (1 of which was from my waist) in ***the first 3 weeks*** of the program. I haven't measured myself again recently (I am at week 6 now), but am fitting back into more and more of my skinny clothes. So far, not a huge loss in lbs but the inches and body fat measures ultimately mean more to me anyway. And I believe that as I continue on the program, I'll eventually get to my goal weight... If you'd like to connect, send me a request. Good luck!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm only three weeks into it but I like it so far! I am definitely getting stronger.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd check in to see the results others are having. I just got the book from amazon today and started flipping through it. I'm going to read once before I start sometime next week. Currently I do kettlebells twice a week and run 5 (works out to 6 days a week, not 7) so I'm looking to change things in order to start seeing results again.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I thought it was wonderful and you can see my pics here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/980654-big-weight-loss-with-nrol4w

And there are lots of *amazing* women in that group :heart: Good luck!!!
  • RachelHoffman0709
    RachelHoffman0709 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for the replies ladies!! I ordered the book from Amazon, it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I can't wait to get it. I have been running 4-5 days a week and a couple weeks ago started hitting the gym at least 3 days a week. But I have been doing dance areobic classes and I know I need strength training, especially if I want to take my running seriously. I have signed up for three 5k's this summer and I need muscle strength!
  • RachelHoffman0709
    Options
    I thought it was wonderful and you can see my pics here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/980654-big-weight-loss-with-nrol4w

And there are lots of *amazing* women in that group :heart: Good luck!!!

You look amazing!! Great results. I am pretty much you at your beginning weight. I hope to look as good as you in your 'after' photo!:drinker:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You've definitely got the right idea!
    Lifting has made my running easier.

Once you read through the book, take a look around your gym and make sure you have access to all of the equipment in the book.
    My gym didn't have everything I needed for Stage 1 so I had to do substitutions and was screwed for Stage 2 and on.

Off the top of my head, you'll need:
    barbell & plates
    squat rack or power cage
    bench & rack
    dumbbells
    a step/box - like 12" tall & up
    exercise ball

Definitely join the MFP group fro NROLFW because the book is slightly confusing with the workout layout & the group helps clarify that plus give tips, tricks, and such as well.
  • RachelHoffman0709
    Options
    Definitely join the MFP group fro NROLFW because the book is slightly confusing with the workout layout & the group helps clarify that plus give tips, tricks, and such as well.

Thanks for the tips! I just joined the NROLFW group. Looking forward to starting my program!