Need a snack!

Options
I am about 473 calories off for today due to spending 2hrs walking around Walmart. Does anyone have any ideas how I can pick up some?

Replies

• summersk
    summersk Posts: 59
    Options
    Ice cream, chocolate, a few sodas...Anything along those lines will help kill excess calories for you. And they are not so filling that if you're full already it will make you sick! :smile:
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    A handful of almonds or half of a PB&J sandwich. A yogurt with blueberries. A glass of chocolate milk. A banana or 1 cup of steamed veggies. Raw veggies with hummus.

Actually, you have enough for an entire meal. I don't know what time it is there, but 4 oz. of grilled chicken or broiled fish and veggies would be perfect!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it if you are not hungry. Unless you are under 1200 (even with exercise cals) If hungry have something good for you!
  • dawnsant
    dawnsant Posts: 44
    Options
    I thought that you have to eat 1200 but if you work off some of those you are fine. Is that not right? I eat 1200 a day and workout, this makes it go down to 1000 or 700 depending on the day.
  • AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    Yogurt. Peanut butter and apples, something along those lines.
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If it were me I would have a nice glass of wine and some almonds and finish up with some non-fat yoghurt with honey.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'd be careful... did you *really* burn that many calories? The calories on MFP seem awfully high to me, pedometers don't take into account anything about YOU, and I've heard that even heart rate monitors are sketchy. I'd say eat some of them back, but maybe not all of them? Just in case?
  • hannie75
    hannie75 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just discovered this myself.. and i'm not a big fan of cottage cheese,
    low fat cottage cheese and a tablespoon of your favorite (hopefully sugar free) jam.. mix together ...its divine!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Unless you are really hungry, I would say not to worry about it. But if you are hungry, then I would suggest healthy options, not just empty calories to fill the gap. Look for fruit, vegetables, or nuts in recommended quantities.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Ice cream, chocolate, a few sodas...Anything along those lines will help kill excess calories for you. And they are not so filling that if you're full already it will make you sick! :smile:

These are really NOT healthy choices for someone trying to lose weight and make a lifestyle change.
  • MsKitty64
    MsKitty64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd be careful... did you *really* burn that many calories? The calories on MFP seem awfully high to me, pedometers don't take into account anything about YOU, and I've heard that even heart rate monitors are sketchy. I'd say eat some of them back, but maybe not all of them? Just in case?

Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    One of my fave snacks is the Wholly Guacamole 100 cal packs. I usually have it with 1/2 serving of Tostito rounds (70cal) or sliced bell peppers.
  • mksmom09
    mksmom09 Posts: 12
    Options
    According to the MFP calorie count thing walking around Walmart at a leisurely pace today burned 395 calories. I'm just a tiny bit hungry as it is Midnight here and so don't wanna eat a whole meal, lol!

Couldn't have said it better myself!
    [/quote]
  • MizMeow
    MizMeow Posts: 16
    Options
    Sugar free Jello.. Tasty no carbs, no fat, just calories and a touch of protein