hello? need advice about my workouts..

hello.... I go to a spin class and cycle for 1 hour 3x a week. I lift for an hour twice a week. My mother has now pushed us to cycle an hour every single day (were training for 260 mile bike ride to fundraise for patients in need of dialysis) and it's going to be for 4 days. So we need to ride 45mi/day. I've been drinking protein shakes when I can. usually after my lift workout. I eat pretty lite, and eat as healthy as my budget allows. Drink lots and lots of water. I have a cookie here and there.. maybe 3x a week. lol. I'm 160lbs. 5'6. Hmm... so I'm wondering how far I can go with my training. Is it a good idea to ride every day for an hour along with my usual workout routines. Also, I sprained my ankle, so I'm trying to recover from that as well.
I don't use any kind of energy boosts other than a healthy diet, vitamins, protein drinks, water and a positive attitude. :)

Replies

• tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    You might want to start riding for 65 mi (65mi x 4days = 260 miles) a day so your body is used to it when you are ready for your ride. I know it took me about 5 hours to bike 60 miles and I couldn't walk the next day.
  • rbeyale729
    rbeyale729 Posts: 5
    !!! o gosh... yea I knew it was 65 mi lol ... were supposed to ride 45 mi. in an hour... but we ended up riding 5 mi. in an hour. lol. Also what kind of bike do you recommend? I have an old beat up one from walmart that I use. But were going to shop for another one soon.