New to My Fitness Pal for my Birthday

Options
Turning 45 on the 29th and deciding I need to quit putting off the weight loss thing. I'm sick of the way I look and the way I feel about myself. I know there is a better me under there somewhere! I'd love to look in the mirror and be happy with the person I'm looking at which is the person God intended for me to be.

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday early! What a nice present to yourself - HEALTH! It's a long haul but a rewarding one and this site makes it really fun for me. I hardly ever go to Facebook anymore! LOL
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, first I want to tell you that your beauty is inside first and as you make changes in the path that God is taking you, you are going to make positive decisions and eat the right foods based on his will for us. I wish you the best and please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I look forward to seeing your success!
  • Bellissima_Smile
    Options
    Great post! We are all here to support you. What a great birthday gift to yourself that you will look back on years from now. Enjoy, and have a great day! ~SMILE~
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    welcome.
    I am sure you will love it here. There is alot of info, motivation , encouragement and great people to answer your questions and push you along. What a great gift to yourself
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wish you a very happy birthday :smile: (Its 29th here already :) ) :flowerforyou:

This is a great thing to gift yourself... As everyone said, this is great site and you will find some of the sweetest people here :love:

Make a lot of friends, who will kick your butt if you get off track :laugh: Thats the only reason I work out at times :blushing:

Welcome, and friend me if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday. I think joining MFP is great free gift to yourself that will have many benefits in the long run! :drinker:
  • homefixuns
    homefixuns Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has posted. I see there are very sweet people here. Thank you for all the encouraging remarks. I just need to get with it and go for it now. :flowerforyou:
  • Bellissima_Smile
    Options
    Not to sound cliche, but "The Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
    It's really, really true.
    Everything has a beginning. The hardest part is starting. You have already begun by joining the site and setting your goals. It's a process that has its ups and downs...but what in life doesn't? You are doing a great deal for yourself, and feel free to reach out, ask questions. I've only been on this site for 2 days, and I'm SHOCKED at what a genuinely wonderful community this is. It's a positive place. You've made the right decision, good luck!!
  • MrJoshuah
    MrJoshuah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more... this is something that you'll thank yourself for. Good luck with your new you.
  • katzmeow
    katzmeow Posts: 1
    Options
    Happy Birthday - I'm cheering you on! Love ya, KAT