Hi, I'm Mark and I plan to lose 200 lbs

Options
Hi, like the subject title says my name is Mark. I'm 31 years old and own a furnace and air conditioning business. Anyways I started my "fitness journey" to get in better shape. I'm having my first child (a baby boy) in August so I want to get in as good of shape as possible so I can keep up with the little guy and be around to see him grow up.

I'm 388 lbs. as of this morning down from 403 from 2 weeks ago. My goal is to basically drop 200 lbs. It's going to take a good long while but I'll get there slowly and steadily.

My basic plan is to stay under 2000 calories a day, eating clean foods (no soda, candy, etc..)

My exercise plan hasn't been made yet and I only plan to start by walking for 30 minutes twice a day. Once I've dropped more weight I'll increase the workouts and once my new shop is finished being built (around 2 weeks) I'll have a gym with a power rack, bench, and all the goodies to start lifting weights again (I used to be a power lifter and competed in strongman competitions)

My progress blog will be updated every Sunday morning. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/markklow
My food diary will be kept up to date as well. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/markklow

So yah hi from me, I hope to become a weight loss / fitness buddy to a bunch of you and I'm sure I'll be motivated by everyone's progress.

Replies

• harry_170
    harry_170 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Mark!!!!

Congrats to you on starting the journey. My humble advice:

1. Don't expect too much too soon
    2. Log in every day
    3. Don't stop!!!
    4. Keep a reasonable margin of negative calories
    5. Expect set-backs
    6. Don't ever stop!!!!!!!!!!!!
    7. Provide support to others and you'll see it in return
    8. Did I mention Don't Stop?
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Added, and good luck!
  • Meat54
    Meat54 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Mark,
    Go for it but take it steady, you will have such a great time playing with your son as he grows up, in 12 months when he is on his feet you will feel great to run with him, play soccer and do everything that us dads do with their kids !
    There is your target, now is the time to start out to reach it.
    Best of luck
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Good luck bud!
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi Mark! first of all congrats on the baby very exciting. And also congrats on the great start in weight loss. please feel free to add me I have 100 lbs to lose and always looking for support and people on the same journey as I am look forward to hearing from you ...Lady
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I added you as well. My total goal is to lose 129 pounds. I started January 4 and as of last sunday, I am down 47 pounds.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Good luck! And I am jealous of your shop gym. Wish I had my own power rack.:grumble:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Here are some facts:

There will be bad meals
    There will be bad days
    There will be bad weeks
    There may even be bad months
    But I still encourage you to LOG EVERYTHING

It's really is simple:
    Eat Less/Move more
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    excellent.
  • wiezinthejuice
    wiezinthejuice Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 200+ pounds. I'd love to be friends and hopefully motivate each other.
  • whierd
    Options
    Here are some facts:

There will be bad meals
    There will be bad days
    There will be bad weeks

It's really is simple:
    Eat Less/Move more

This. If you have 4 good days and 3 bad days, you still made 1 step forward.
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    FitFunFabulousNicole Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Love the Positive Attitude! It will get you far! Keep it up!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    hey mark, personally i think that's a bit too much exercises just starting out.

keep in mind you're here to build habits, and habits are done with baby steps and time, so be patient.

30 minutes of walking sounds pretty sensible to me.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

keep in mind you're here to build habits, and habits are done with baby steps and time, so be patient.

Can I ask what is too much about 30 minute walk???
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Here are some facts:

There will be bad meals
    There will be bad days
    There will be bad weeks

It's really is simple:
    Eat Less/Move more

^ This. Welcome!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Yep. how else will you get Pu's legs.
  • whierd
    Options

I disagree. 60 minutes of walking isn't that bad and he WILL be developing habits from it. Plus it is a great way to unwind, thus decreasing his stress levels.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Yep. how else will you get Pu's legs.

Something tells me a former powerlifter can figure out what he can handle
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    My exercise plan hasn't been made yet and I only plan to start by walking for 30 minutes twice a day. Once I've dropped more weight I'll increase the workouts and once my new shop is finished being built (around 2 weeks) I'll have a gym with a power rack, bench, and all the goodies to start lifting weights again (I used to be a power lifter and competed in strongman competitions)

Hey Mark! It's great that you already know a bit about what you're doing in the lifting department :) Just make sure your expectations aren't *too* high too soon :) It will probably take you a bit to get back to where you were, but it looks like you're well aware that this will be a long, hard road.

Good luck to you, and feel free to add me if you'd like! I'm hoping to lose a total of around 120.
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the the new family addition and new shop coming soon!
    I have over 100#'s to lose and am always looking for new MFP's to help motivate and receive motivation from.
    I have sent you an invite.