Cried myself a river

Options
Today I just stopped & cried. These last few weeks have been hard. With the warmer weather comin around, im feeling very down . Everything I put on looms hideous nd I feel like ever losing this weight nd being beautiful is impossible. All my friends are beautiful with amazing boyfriends nd im tht "fat" friend of theres. Ive started to lose the fight .. . & im sooo angry.. For the rest of my life,am I gonna be counting calories nd feeling like crap everytime I crave anything other than a salad....

Replies

• kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    So now that the crying is over, what are you going to do? Are you gonna put your big girl panties on and keep moving forward? Or are you gonna continue to have a pity party and eat your way back to the 27 lbs you have lost and maybe more? Stop thinking about how are you have to go and what you might not have (yet, cuz it's coming) and focus on how much you have accomplished. And you can have things you crave, just not all the time and not the whole bag. Cuz truth be told, that's how you (me and prob everyone else on this site) got to the point of needing to be on this site. You can do this. I believe in you.
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I've been in this position many times and this time it is different. I armed myself with as much information as possible, looked up recipes, looked up motivational quotes and made the decision to do it for me. I had to make a calendar with a plan both of calories, days of exercise and i had to take it day by day.
    Start it out slow and remember that it is a slow process and that it took a while to put the weight on, it will take just as long to take it off so you have to remember that its not a sprint, its a marathon ;)
    I had to take it hour by hour for the first while because it was so easy to have an all or nothing attitude. Remember that you are only human and if you fall off the "wagon" don't be hard on yourself, just get back on and keep going.
    Make small goals for yourself, and write them down and check them off one by one. Write down your foods so you can see if there is a pattern to any triggers so you can head them off before they start.
    If you want to have a "pity party" as some people call it, so what! Have a pity party and turn it around and make the decision to change that pity party to a get healthy party. You have to make the decision for yourself and be ready to make the commitment to you and your health. I hope some of this helps.

:) You can do this, you have to believe that you can before you really will see that yeah you can. Make the decision that you can and WILL do this.

Jess
  • akellish1028
    Options
    It is really tough to make sure you eat right, hit your calories and macronutrients but you can do it! You have already lost 27 lbs! Think about that for a second... 27lbs is really a ton of weight to lose and you can keep going to lose more. Im only 18 but to me a trick is instead of my parents going food shopping I go, that way I can prevent there are no temptations at home and it forces me to go and cook chicken or sweet potatoes. You can do this stay the course
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    well, theres a choice in there. maybe choose to give yourself a break, don't compare yourself to other people, and be ok with eating things other than a salad if it fits into your calories.

in all probability, in a few years time, some of your friends will be breaking up with their boyfriends or husbands, and asking you for diet advice to loose the pounds they've gained because "they never had to watch what they ate when they were younger" or post baby weight, whilst complaining about their man, who just watches sports.

where as you, will be healthy, hopefully happy and looking hot, and usually those things attract like kind of guy you want to date.

thats your future, if you stick at it. :)
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    oh and girl, you look fine already and you are 19! will be fine!