Coffee, Creamer, ugh vices

Options
mommabenefield
mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
How do i kick the need for creamer in my coffee?

I used to be able to go without coffee and just have some green tea but just the idea of it and the taste of it helps me wake up in the morning.
But i find i need the creamer for taste... what did you do to kick the habit?

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I didn't kick the habit. I love my coffee and I love half and half. I work it into my calorie intake. I'd rather use 70 calories for my coffee than force myself to drink something I don't really enjoy.
  • jtangcs
    jtangcs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I want to say that I completely kicked the coffee habit, but I haven't...

I do find that if I sleep a little more, it's easier to get through the day with coffee (and coffee creamer). I also start the day with a yogurt cup.

That said, if you really can't kick the habit (and there are days where I just crave it), then just budget for it. International Delight (fat-free/sugar-free) works like a charm, as does skim milk.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I didn't kick the habit. I love my coffee and I love half and half. I work it into my calorie intake. I'd rather use 70 calories for my coffee than force myself to drink something I don't really enjoy.

QFT

I use International Delight Hershey Chocolate and Caramel coffee creamer everyday in my morning travel mug coffee.. Worth every bit of the 70 calories for 2 tbsp. :drinker:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    what? why would you? a couple of tablespoons in my coffee didn't make me heavier.

now if you routinely go for some oversized extra whipped cream coffee from starbucks, that is a different story.
  • KellyR72
    KellyR72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I, too, allow myself a large cup of coffee with 2 tablespoon of Walmart brand (Great Value) hazelnut non-dairy creamer. It's 30 calories per tablespoon and I look forward to it every morning! :happy:
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I just use non-dairy creamer. (3 packets in my 24oz drink) That's good enough for me. :)

ETA: Each packet is 10 cals.
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    oh yum haven't tried that flavor. I am giving up alot of foods and certain items I used to eat alot. but my creamer is not one of them so worth the calories I agree to force myself to drink something that I don't enjoy where is the pleasure in that? we can all make the adjustments needed but still have food and beverages we like that can be adapted to our intake guidelines.
  • cakely
    cakely Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You could always try almond milk? There's many varieties & flavors, most are lower calorie. Unsweetened almond milk usually is around 30 calories per cup.
    However, life's not worth living if you give up everything you enjoy!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Don't. I switched to half and half, and I just measure it out. A tablespoon per cup usually does the trick.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I prefer milk, but if you really love the creamer, just measure it with a measuring spoon instead of 'estimating'. You don't have to cut it out completely.
  • hotkrystal
    hotkrystal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try Skim Plus fat free half and half. 15 calories for 2 tablespoons... tastes really good, you won't know it's fat free...
  • Hoosier96
    Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I switched my "cream" to 2%. Still tastes good to me.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I use a tablespoon of international delight sugar free French vanilla and a tablespoon of whole milk in one cup. Sweet enough and only adds 28 calories.
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    I just started putting in some fat free evaporated milk into my coffee and it's pretty good. Only 25 cals for 2 tablespoons but 1 usually does the trick.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Don't kick the habit! As someone already has mentioned, I doubt some creamer in your coffee caused any weight issues you might have. Coffee is a rare treat for me, so I never skimp on the cream. A half ounce of heavy cream, to be exact.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I got an Aeropress and a grinder, and started making coffee that I didn't need to put cream in. Basically, your options are to wean yourself off the cream and learn to like black coffee, or just fit the calories from the cream into your daily budget.