Cookies are calling my name...

Options
My mom brought over a container of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies for my daughter. I did eat one and I logged it. I am literally sitting here obsessing about them. I am afraid once I put my daughter to bed in 30 min I will go down and eat half of them with a glass of milk. I wish I had more self control. At times I feel like food is my "drug" and I'm an addict. Sitting and having a binge is like a high for me, of course afterwards I just feel awful. I wish having those cookies downstairs didn't have an effect on me...

Replies

• nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Put the cookies away!! (Put the in the freezer, back corner of the cupboard, etc)

Ma'am, step away from the cookies!!!
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. There have been times when I know I can't have a snack at night (like, if I have already eaten my cals for the day) and I will panic then binge. Food is my drug and Cookies/sweets are the worst for me, I can't stop myself once I start and that is the problem. Just think of how good you will feel about yourself tomorrow if you don't eat anymore of the cookies and good luck doll, I know thats hard to do .. or not to do in this case. :flowerforyou:
  • nic21j
    nic21j Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are NOT alone! Cookies are my biggest weakness! Anytime I'm around them or they're in my home, I obsess just like you until I eat them all and then feel like crap the next day. :( Maybe it would help to remind yourself that they are for your daughter, not you. When I remember my son like that, I also remind myself that I need to be a good role model for him. I don't want food to have control over him like it does me. :( Stay strong Mama!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    tape them up with loads of duct tape, and remember how time consuming it will be to open it up again.

I feel your pain. maybe eat a large carrot or two, that will take a while to chew and then you wont feel hungry, so you should be over it.
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Put the cookies away!! (Put the in the freezer, back corner of the cupboard, etc)

I've done the freezer thing and it worked! You are stronger than those cookies!
  • TaraM430
    TaraM430 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies! The instant support is great and reminds me that I'm not in this alone!
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    omg this is totally me lol and im laughing because i can see myself eating those cookies and maybe leaving two in the jar. that awful feeling afterwards isnt worth it. i say go do a few minutes of excercise. take a walk, jog in place or maybe read a good book. all of those things have been helping me keep my mind off of food. once you start making healthier choices you wont even want those cookies anymore
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Cookies here either need to go out of sight (the freezer is a great idea!) or the man I am affiliated with eats them, so they are out of mind. lol He is one of those fast metabolism people, lucky man.
  • fightingthefood
    Options
    I have butter pecan ice cream sandwiches in my freezer that are screaming for me.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Homemade cookies are my weakness too. (Although I DID turn down some homemade bars today at work.... and they looked AMAZING.)
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Maybe not applicable since they were made and they're not yours...

But ANY leftovers that I'm tempted to eat, I cover in washing up liquid, or something equally as gross.
  • fightingthefood
    Options
    Making sloppy joes for the kids right now and do they ever look/smell so tempting.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Oh no......! Totally understand! Put them in the room with your daughter.... Ask her to count them and keep count each time she eats one.... A lesson for her and some control for you:) :smile:

Wishing you continued success in your journey to a healthier you!:drinker:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

But ANY leftovers that I'm tempted to eat, I cover in washing up liquid, or something equally as gross.

oh no. no. nooooo.
  • fightingthefood
    Options

I have had to learn to cook for the rest of my family so there are no leftovers. They are my weakness as I hate to throw out good food. And if there are a few I make the kids take them right out to the chickens. At least they will turn them into eggs.
  • Sqauterina11
    Sqauterina11 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    COVER THEM O BLEACH AND BIN THEM.. IF ANYONE QUESTIONS JUST SAY YOU WERE HUNGRY :) -- YOU CAN DO THIS... :flowerforyou:
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    HIDE.THEM. NOW. Put them up and away from you. In the highest, farthest away corner of the kitchen, or in the trunk of your husbands car, ANYWHERE that is out of sight. If you leave them where you see them, they will continue calling you. I made chocolate chip muffins two weeks ago. My kids were tearing them up, my 5 year old looked at me and said "Mommy! Please put these where we can't see them so we will have some left for tomorrow!" Just put them away....
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Cookies not only call my name, they know my address and phone number!! :^)
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options

I've done the freezer thing and it worked! You are stronger than those cookies!
    The freezer actually makes them taste better. So for me that doesn't work out well.
  • Sqauterina11
    Sqauterina11 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

I do this too! Left overs get covered in some form of detergent ... Illl tell people it to keep the kitchen fresh as i hate the smell of bins! lol :flowerforyou: