new...again !!

Options
ok...can't do this alone. Over the last two years I took off 42 lbs. But I have come to a standstill simply because I feel like giving up. Every night I go to bed telling myself I can do it. I have to do it for health reasons. I need to take off another 40 plus pounds. I get so discouraged . My husband constantly wants to go for ice cream...and gets mad if I don't want too. Then I get mad at myself, and eat whatever !! :sad: I get upset and find myself in a mad circle...eat...angry...and eat again. I can't put it back on. I just needs friends on here. I am a 65 yr. old mother to five, and grandmother to eleven. Is it too late for me to care about what I eat ? Friends welcome please....:smile:

Replies

• what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi, dont give up and give in! Feel free to add me :)
  • terricol
    terricol Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi hun, don't give up as think of the end result. It is such a difficult journey yet we put our selves through hell and back when we have a slip up. Can you talk to your husband and tell him that you need help as you feel it will help with your health. You have a large family, will any of them help you with motivation too? Wish you well on your journey. Feel free to add me. x:flowerforyou:
  • pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oh no! It's never too late to do something good for yourself. Don't let others guilt-trip you. I'm 60 and live in a houseful of men, my husband and two sons. I'm 4'11" they are 6'+. I relaxed and started eating what I cook for them. I almost died this winter from a high blood pressure bleed. Now I need to shed these extra pounds. Come do it with me!
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Phyllis Gehrke

I am 66 and having the same trouble losing weight.
    We have 4 sons and 11 grandchildren.
    My husband is skinny and has ice cream every night, so it does not help me with my dieting.
    A lot of times I go into my computer room just to get away from his eating.
    I would love to be your friend and we can support each other. l
    Just add me as your friend.
    I love to crochet and knit and we live in a small town of about 2500.

Good Luck in your journey.
  • busgirl236
    busgirl236 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Never give up! Add me if you'd like - I'm always around!
  • Kathleenkirkendoll
    Kathleenkirkendoll Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 67 yr young and would love to support you - add me as your friend if you like. I too have been on a roller coaster ride -
    up and down for many years - currently I am 65 down from my highest weight - would like to lose another 20 lb. approximately.
    Certainly we can support each other on this ride.
  • PJT614
    PJT614 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh without a doubt. please add me. My husband eats ice cream every night and is skinny as a rail. The weight is moving slowly.
    He thinks he is supportive when people offer me goodies he says "she can't have that" We have had words on this statement. He thinks he is doing me a favor when I ask for a small amount and he will give me a large one. Again he doesn't understand, he tells me he was trying to do something nice for me.

Support, I'm in
  • MarkJohnson00
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.
  • moparjer
    moparjer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi! My problem is, I"M the one getting into the ice cream! I've tried substituting with nonfat frozen yogurt (Umpqua's the BEST). I DO have trouble measuring 1/2 cup serving, though! Any such thing as a "pretend" ice cream? I WISH! My husband has to eat whole foods, so no pressure from him to eat this. If anything, I should stop for HIS benefit! :tongue:
    Melinda
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    One of the first things I had to teach myself was being able to join in fun with others (such as going for ice cream) and just enjoying the companionship. :) It is not always about the food its quite possible your husband just wants your company. In these situations opt for healthier treats such as sugar free or maybe get a unsweet tea instead to sip while he eats ice cream. I know putting ourselves in these situations when we crave food or want what others are having can be so dangerous and quickly make us fall off track. Use this situations to change you! :) This is about a healthier lifestyle we need to learn that we can go out an enjoy others and time and not have to eat or have what others are having :) You can do this!! Don't let the frustration get to you :)
  • PaulaKac
    PaulaKac Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm 58. It's not too late. I've given up many many times and I'm suffering for it, but I'm more determined this time. You can do this. We can do this