Day 2 Disaster!

Options
After successfully completing the first day on my diet yesterday and feeling ever so proud of myself because I hadn't cheated (sounds mad going one day without cheating but believe me, it's a challenge for me!) I did a very silly thing this morning and got on the scales and to my horror I've gained 1lb!!!!! CAN'T let this knock me back, got to keep going, soooo wish I hadn't got on there as I was feeling so positive. grrrrrr :mad:

Replies

• Alycyn1980
    Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey DO NOT let that get you down. When I was at WW the leader told us of meetings that they had to go to and at one of them they were asked to weigh themselves through the day and their weight fluctuated by as much as +3lbs!!! Bodies differ throughout the day. Stick to one weigh in a week and try for the same time. I like to have a 'bad day' so weigh myself on a saturday so I can have a good weekend - this is something that I like to do but others may not agree but it has worked for me when I managed to stick to the diet and I have lost 2stones doing it this way - just be sensible about being 'bad'. Please do not let this get you down :flowerforyou:
  • cathjones88
    Options
    Thanks so much! I agree, Am not going to get on the scales until next Thursday, Will be so nervous though, going to keep going though, Not going to let anything get in my way this time. :smile:
  • SadieJane1492
    Options
    I totally can relate to the weight yo yo up and down throughout the day, I used to be obsessed with weighing myself several times a day and sometimes up 3 pounds as much in a day. I try not to do that anymore but it's hard not to
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    I try and stick to one weigh in on a Monday morning because any naughtiness over the weekend will show so I know its the worst of the week:blushing:
  • Jamiecfc1
    Jamiecfc1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I did all that weigh in every day stuff for a while and it does mess you up because there are so many factors that can affect it. Now I generally weigh in once a week, wearing the same clothes (well not EXACTLY the same ones-but you know what I mean) and most importantly at the same time, or as close as possible (with me it's early morning, pre-breakfast). Try that and see how it goes, good luck! :smile:
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a week, on a Saturday, in the morning, after a visit to the ladies room :blushing: .
    My friend who is dieting weighs himself about 3 times a day and has got quite obssessed by it all, he used to be really bad tempered if he had a gain, but after a telling off from me and his wife he's finally weighing in once a week.
    Good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do it x
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself everyday can mess with your head. So I generally suggest that you weigh your self no more then 2 times a week. I do mon and frid. Do it 1st thing in the morning before you eat or drink. That will be closest to your truest weight. DOn't let stress get to you . Stress releases cortisol and the body will hold onto weight. So you get overley stresses your scale may show that. Also take it one day at a time set a goal. Each aim to not cheat. Renmeber you have to be eating good healthy clean foods too loose weight. Your body require a certin aboumt of calories according to your height age a weight and then if your active that will change the amount. I would say just by guessing mayben aim for at 1600 caloires and eat 5-6 times a day. Make sure you eat breakfest with in an hour after waking up. If you have any questions just let me know. :-) chin up it will all fall into place just be consistant with eating healthy and exercising
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    most people on here will tell you that they've been through the 'several times a day weigh in', in fact i still weigh myself most days, and being quite large it can fluctuate by up to 6-7lbs depending on what i eat. The trick is not paying any attention, i only take my weight once sometimes twice a week.

I genuinly don't know y i stil weigh all the time 'cause half the time i can't remember what it said 5mins later!! I think its just habit.

Just remember all sorts of things can affect your weight, especially being a woman, if you know what i mean :embarassed: lol

Don't take it too seriously except on your weigh in day, but don't beat yourself up or make yourself go without calories, because that'll make it worse xxx
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you know what's right for you and what will keep you on track! I actually like to weigh myself every morning when I get up, and it's a little reminder that I need to keep it up and that I've done a good job so far. :) Stay focused and you can do this!!
  • crobinson3
    crobinson3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Don't let one rise put you off. I get weighed every morning at the same time and I record it on a little spreadsheet. Even though you get ups and downs if you put it into a graph you'll soon notice the trend moving in a downward direction.

I go one step further and post all my graphs on my website (www.aroundthewaist.co.uk) for the whole world to see! Crazy? Maybe, but if I know people are following my progress and watching me then I'm far less likely to cheat.

If you feel more comfortable only getting weighed every week then do that, it's got to be what's right for you. All I'd say is pick one way or the other. If you decide to go for weekly weigh in's then hide the scales and resist the urge to have a sneaky look!
  • KateDonnelly
    Options
    I just got chastised about that last night by my hubby. It's a control thing for me. Everyone here has the best advice. Weighing once a week is the best. I have an almost predictable gain of several pounds throughout the week, peeking on the weekend but by my weigh in day I am usually down again and that is when any weight loss shows. Though it's sometimes only reflected in ounces lately. Still, the fluctuation has a lot to do with sodium intake, I've noticed. You and I both should follow these good peoples' advice! Lol.
  • ruggie
    ruggie Posts: 26
    Options
    This is when it is VERY important to just keep going. Don't let the scale derail you. You have to think about the BIG picture. Just keep going and then in a week or 2 or better yet a month you look back at the changes. I KNOW this is very hard to do. Almost impossible. I think it is a key part of success though. Not letting the scale control the kind of "eating" day we have. Sometimes we have unexplained gains. As frustrating as those gains are, they are a part of the journey. Take a deep breath and keep going. Try to enjoy the journey getting to your goal weight. Come up with new recipes and new exercises to try. Don't race to the "finish line". Enjoy the journey you are embarking on to get there!!! :) You CAN do this!
  • cathjones88
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I've been stressing because I'm out for a meal tonight but I know where I'm going and I've planned really carefully. I've also decided that I'm going to stick to weighing at 7.30am on a Thursday morning and then only!!!! Everyone's support is really helping me battle these first few days. :happy: