Exercise DVD for an apartment.

Options
I really like the look of exercise dvd's like 30DS, but I stay in an apartment and a baby lives in the apartment below me, so I cant exactly jump around.
Anyone have any suggestions for a dvd program I can add?

Replies

• MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I live in an apt too and I do the Walk away the pounds dvds. Not a whole lot of jumping around in those. You can rent them on netflix to try them out and I also found some of the full length workouts on you tube this morning as well.
  • laurajade111
    Options
    Thanks, will take a look!
  • calimoma
    calimoma Posts: 64
    Options
    I agree, the leslie sansone DVDs are great!
  • letterfromthesky
    Options
    Youtube! When I work late, the last thing I want to do is go to the gym. I search in Youtube for the sort of workout I want, and take it from there. They have all sorts in varying lengths if you take the time to look through them.
  • casie8
    casie8 Posts: 17
    Options
    I like jillian michaels no more trouble zones, not much jumping around at all and a good workout. I like to watch the dvds on youtube before I buy them so I know if theres a lot of jumping, I live in an old house and my family can hear pretty much everything I do, especially at 6am
  • Suffer4beauty
    Suffer4beauty Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I like Barry's Bootcamp. There are some "stomping moves" but I just follow the "easy/modified" worker who usually does stepping instead of jumping and that sort of thing. I have a baby and the stomping (when I do a full-out workout) doesn't wake her. Just find out which room she sleeps in and then exercise in a room that is not over her sleeping location and you should be fine - I mean, I can hear when my upstairs neighbor is running up the stairs or even when she walks with heels in the kitchen - so I bit of jumping around for 30 mins or less doesn't really faze us.
    Although, for politeness sake, it is good to check in with your neighbor and ask about sleeping schedules and where the babe sleeps so that they know that you have their best interests in mind - then if there is a problem they will feel comfortable giving a quick ring to say "can you wait 20 more minutes?"
  • Leonana
    Leonana Posts: 3
    Options
    I like Jessica Smith. She also has you tube videos on JessicaSmithTv. She does them in a small space, so they would work in an apartment. She has a lot of walking and toning videos, such as ballet barre. And she has a cute dog in the you tube videos, lol.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Might I just say that it is very considerate of you to be concerned about the baby downstairs? Some folks in apartments don't remember that the walls are not exactly sound proof.

On that note, calisthenics would be a good choice. Push-ups, squats, lunges, chair dips, crunches, reverse crunches, planks. leg extensions. Go for a run for some cardio.

Good luck!
  • MatthewandOliversMom
    Options
    Check out Jessica Smith's Walking DVD on the Collage Video web site (google "Collage Video"). You can preview it for free there. Jessica does the workout on a small mat (about 5 feet by 5 feet) for people doing her workout in small spaces. Jessica Smith also has a YouTube channel with tons of freebies...many of the workouts she posts on YouTube she does in her living room but they are still quite professionally produced. She lost 40 pounds herself and I really like her workout style.
  • EricPogamat
    EricPogamat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like P90X. Now that I have the right mat, my neighbors below don't hear me.